Sponsored

Continental, ExtremeContact SPORT tire review -with Motec Data (MotoIQ)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Todd, great pic and glad to hear you like them so much. I'm really looking forward to the experience myself.
The more I drive on these tires, the more I love them. Conti nailed these tires in every aspect. Hopefully tire life is great, too.
Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
Looks Great... What size tires and wheels with offsets ar e you running?
Sorry about that...not helpful without numbers. Running

Front HRE 9.5" x 20" +35, 275/35/20
Rear HRE 10.5" x 20" +45, 305/35/20

Have to run -2 camber in the rear to get them to clear the fenders. Fronts are perfect. db252 is running same size tires with his 6gr wheels.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Sorry about that...not helpful without numbers. Running

Front HRE 9.5" x 20" +35, 275/35/20
Rear HRE 10.5" x 20" +45, 305/35/20

Have to run -2 camber in the rear to get them to clear the fenders. Fronts are perfect. db252 is running same size tires with his 6gr wheels.

:thumbsup:

Isn't -2 the stock camber spec for a PP car? Mine are set at that as well. Looks great BTW.

Sponsored

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
:thumbsup:

Isn't -2 the stock camber spec for a PP car? Mine are set at that as well. Looks great BTW.
Thank you, kind Sir. Yes -2 is technically within Ford spec.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Anybody have any track time on these tires yet?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I don't personally but the guy that did the article a while back had times with these tires on. He picked up quite a bit from the previous generation.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yeah, I was wanting some unbiased real world experience from Joe Schmoe that just does HPDEs for fun. Considering buying these for 2 days at VIR then driving up to Niagara Falls then all the way back home to TN. Just want to make sure they are gonna be decent on the track and hold up for a long trip.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Waiting for new MRR 600 wheels from Paul at PK Auto Design and am now seriously looking at these to get mounted on those wheels. 275/35/20 in the front, and 315/35 or 305/35/20 in the back. I still have time to do my ongoing homework.

OP
OP

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I don't personally but the guy that did the article a while back had times with these tires on. He picked up quite a bit from the previous generation.
~1-1.5 seconds quicker over the old DW, with far better durability.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I have put about 500 miles on these new Continental tires and they are hands down amazing. They hook really good in the the street and the track! I was surprised how well they hooked when I smashed on the gas pedal in 1st. gear at 4k RPM. No more fish tailing looking for traction, they hook and go. Car feels faster too. Here's a few pics of the tires after 8 laps at Streets of Willow road course. I felt very comfortable pushing my car to it's limits and the car felt very predictable. I was able to power out and feel the car rotate smoothly without a fear of going sideways. Definitely will be buying another set when these where out. :thumbsup:

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I also have plenty of time on these for the track. I have a street set and a track set and switch off when needed. These took 3 seconds off my 3 mile lap times at Thunderhill. Finally have my camber dialed it for these along with tire pressures and I'm very happy with them. There are of course better dedicated track tires but these are awesome for track and daily.

Sooty M.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP - Guard W/Black OTTS
I have put about 500 miles on these new Continental tires and they are hands down amazing. They hook really good in the the street and the track! I was surprised how well they hooked when I smashed on the gas pedal in 1st. gear at 4k RPM. No more fish tailing looking for traction, they hook and go. Car feels faster too. Here's a few pics of the tires after 8 laps at Streets of Willow road course. I felt very comfortable pushing my car to it's limits and the car felt very predictable. I was able to power out and feel the car rotate smoothly without a fear of going sideways. Definitely will be buying another set when these where out. :thumbsup:

How did you get that second pic? it really looks like its mounted inside-out.
Sponsored