Sponsored

CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 vs MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S 3+

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
What's the consensus between the DWS 06 and A/S 3+?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Never tried the Conti’s, so can’t compare. But I absolutely love the Michelin A/S 3+. Drove them on my 15 and now just put a set on my 18.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Performance vs cost/ride. Love my AS3+. Both excellent choices.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Cont. DWS's on my wife's S60R a few years back and loved them. And I am currently running the AS3's on my GT pp1 . Both are great tires and either one will serve anyone well.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I have DWS06 on my WRX and the initial steering response is a bit vague. Like there is a bigger dead zone compare to the stock Dunlop summer tires.
DWS06 is great if you drive in snow a lot.
The Michelin will have better steering response but not as good snow performance.

orangefury5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I daily drive my 18 Base GT. Im in the Chicago Suburbs. The only time i would not drive my car if there is more than 4" of snow on the road. Even in the recent vortex and multiple snow days the MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ tires have done their job. I also use the Snow/Rain mode. I have not had any issues with getting stick. Or going uphill. In the summer they perform well. Especially rainy days.
5.1.jpg

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i have as+3s and there the best tires i have gotten for a all season tire .. dws ive had and there mushy in the summer months

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I run the A/S 3+ year round and have no complaints. They handle twists and turns really well, even in the summer. Great year round performance street tire.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I was going or looking hard at the AS3+ but I had so much great experience with the Comp2 A/S I stayed with for this car as a known performer. The DWS06 reports of soft sidewall really turned me off from it.

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I had the Conti's on my last car and loved them. A few hours ago I was bored and went on tire racks site to consider a couple possibilities for my next set, I selected 3 different tires to compare, the 2 Michelin, Conti and a Bridgestone Potenza. First thing I noticed was how close all the ratings are, the next thing I noticed was that overall, the 3 tires were ranked numbers 1, 2 and 4 in the "ultra high performance all season" category.
All season tires will never have the "crisp" feel of a summer only tire, but it looks like the tires in question are the top 2 choices. I've never been impressed by anything from Michelin but I may be tempted to give them another shot. Otherwise I'll go with the Conti DWS again, I already know they are superior to my stock Perellis.
I don't think you could go wrong with either.

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
As someone who lives in the desert, I have zero experience with a Mustang in the snow. I do love skiing and the wife is tired of putting all the miles on her Explorer. Am I giving up much by moving away from pure summer tire to the DWS06 or A/S3? Between a all season tire and either tire socks or chains, will I make it without putting the car into a ditch on snow covered roads?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
As someone who lives in the desert, I have zero experience with a Mustang in the snow. I do love skiing and the wife is tired of putting all the miles on her Explorer. Am I giving up much by moving away from pure summer tire to the DWS06 or A/S3? Between a all season tire and either tire socks or chains, will I make it without putting the car into a ditch on snow covered roads?
No, you will regret putting your stang through a ski adventure. That is what the exploder is for...lol

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Conti. WAY better price, excellent at everything except you need to give it 2 lbs. more air pressure so they aren't too soft. They also look better and I've been in Mustangs with both (including my own) and the Contis are quieter. Tire Rack doesn't do that in their review.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
will I make it without putting the car into a ditch on snow covered roads?
There's no guarantee either way of course. It really depends on your level of experience in the snow and a good percentage of dumb luck. On the other hand, if you have to ask, I suspect you already know the answer.
Sponsored