Sponsored

CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 vs MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S 3+

Deleted member 35786

As someone who lives in the desert, I have zero experience with a Mustang in the snow. I do love skiing and the wife is tired of putting all the miles on her Explorer. Am I giving up much by moving away from pure summer tire to the DWS06 or A/S3? Between a all season tire and either tire socks or chains, will I make it without putting the car into a ditch on snow covered roads?
Nope. I just installed a set of Hankook S1 Noble2 Ultra High Performance A/S tires. Talk about a nice smooth/quiet ride. Not a very firm tire compared to summer's but for DD its fantastic.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I may just go ahead and go with the Pilot Sport 4S instead of the AS3. If I know it's going to be raining I'll probably going to be driving my Jeep anyways.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
I'm on my first set of tires after the factory Pirellis, and I put Pilot Sport AS3+ on the car. They ride well, handle well, but, good lord they're noisy unless I rotate them every 5k miles. I put 10K on them before rotating once and it sounded like a 4 wheel drive truck with mudders going down the road.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Conti. WAY better price, excellent at everything except you need to give it 2 lbs. more air pressure so they aren't too soft. They also look better and I've been in Mustangs with both (including my own) and the Contis are quieter. Tire Rack doesn't do that in their review.
What psi do you recommend? Just had these installed today. Sidewall does seem a bit soft compared to the oem Pzeros. They ride is awesome though.

bloodocean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I just put on A/S 3+’s today after wearing out the oem pirellis. No experience with contis but I can say the michelins are night and day better than the pirellis.

Literally can’t even explain how much I hated those pirellis. They work fine if it’s 85 and dry, anything else and they are utter garbage.
Sponsored