Sponsored

Contemplating a road trip. Chicago to Seattle next month.

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
+1 on Utah. Went there with a buddy that was doing the Boss 302 school at what used to be Miller Motorsports Park. Now called the Utah Motorsports Campus, the facility is really cool. If the Miller car collection is still there it is a must see. The museum at Hill Airforce Base in Ogden is good as well....assuming it is open. If you go to Ogden, take Highway 39 to the Pineview Reservoir - it is a cool drive.

We took our 2017 GT all over the south a couple of years ago and are getting ready to head to the Florida panhandle. A great road trip car.
Sponsored

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I would drive thru the Rocky Mountain via I-70, but Northen States are just as pretty. Be careful not to catch COVID-19.

Chris Meyers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang (soon)
So sick of not being able to take a normal vacation this year. Considering driving the Stang from the Chicago suburbs, to Seattle. That's what these cars are for right? Never been in North Dakota, Montana, or Washington state before. Any must do attractions along the way?
I was born and raised in Seattle. Take the northern route. You can see Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, the badlands, Teddy Roosevelt National Park, Medora, the site of Custer's last stand, Virginia City, Glacier National Park. I love Northeastern Montana. Spent many years going there. If you want to feel the majesty of the West, the historic westward migration, you've gotta follow the route of the Great Northern Railway.

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
Seattle sucks ,don't waste your time. Coming from someone who lives here,,,Not the same place it used to be...

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I would drive thru the Rocky Mountain via I-70, but Northen States are just as pretty. Be careful not to catch COVID-19.
Been that way a few times. Trying to hit areas we haven't been.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
If you don't have one get a radar detector.my fav is Valentine,it checks front and back for police.,and I hate the oem scissor.jack.get a smaller floor jack.plus a stronger air pump just in case.have fun.

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
+1 for Glacier if it's possible, one of the most incredible places on earth. I don't know how much time you have or if you're hellbent on reaching the pacific, but I can't recommend enough all of the rockies states, even a loop from montana down to AZ/NM and back up, which is more or less what I did last road trip. Every mile is something to behold.

Ya'll with rifles for avatars worried about some protesters in Portland of all places sure sound scared of some pink haired lesbians taking a break from their book clubs to play house in the street, it's hilarious. Better stay in your liberal arts student-free safe zones! They open carry books about Lenin, dangerous stuff!

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
+1 for Glacier if it's possible, one of the most incredible places on earth. I don't know how much time you have or if you're hellbent on reaching the pacific, but I can't recommend enough all of the rockies states, even a loop from montana down to AZ/NM and back up, which is more or less what I did last road trip. Every mile is something to behold.

Ya'll with rifles for avatars worried about some protesters in Portland of all places sure sound scared of some pink haired lesbians taking a break from their book clubs to play house in the street, it's hilarious. Better stay in your liberal arts student-free safe zones! They open carry books about Lenin, dangerous stuff!
Sounds like a great trip you had, and LOL.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Definitely take hwy 20 across the North Cascades, nice curves, long straitaways and of course the scenery is awsome. Spend the day in Winthrop before heading over the mountains, it a nice little western town and the brewery has great beer and food. Make sure you fill up with gas and take some food as it's a haul before you get to Marblemount which is the next stop that has food and gas.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
There's a lot of assumed information on Seattle and Portland which is completely false. I work in Seattle everyday and my daughter lives and works in Portland. There's hardly any traffic now and the shit bags only come out at night and in concentrated areas.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
84 is a lot of fun. Took it when I drove my mini to Colorado in 2014 for work. Almost turned around to go through the mountains again. Also coming into Oregon on the way to WA was beautiful seeing all the green when used to mostly brown. As far as what to do in the Seattle area, most things I can think of aren't very pandemic friendly. Also know that there isn't any really amazing food in WA. Very few omg eat here kind of places. Mt. Rainier is cool but the road up it is absolute trash at least a few years ago when I was there. St Helens is a ton better! Try to avoid i405 and hwy 167, traffic on those can be the most retarded. i90 and i5 are always under construction around Snoqualmie and Tacoma respectively. LeMay car museum in Tacoma is worth a trip, can't speak for their food as I've never eaten there but smelled good. When I was there about a year ago they had an awesome Saleen section.

Edit: Forgot about pandemic making less traffic so maybe 405 and 167 okay. I been in Colorado since 9 March so likely different now.

Cadrms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt. Elec PKG and magneride
How about I90 through sodak, see the badlands. Mt rush, custer state park. Or better yet come labor day weekend for the sturgis mustang rally, I'll be there in my 19 bullitt.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I just finished a road trip from Oregon to Arizona a month and a half ago in my PP1/A10. I was by myself and made the 1386 miles in 1-1/2 days. I would have been home early, except the fuel transfer module went out, and although it said I still had 100+ miles to go, I was stranded on I-10 65 miles West of Phoenix...the Mustang only had 5200 miles. I did put the PP2 spoiler on before I left Oregon and it helped settle the front end down when you're showing 3 digits on the "Ground Speed" indicator.
Last year I made two road trips, although in my Mini Cooper S, not the Mustang. Went from Salem, took I-84 East through Hood River, The Dalles, Pendleton, La Grande, Baker City, into Idaho South of Boise and stayed the night in Twin Falls. The next day I continued into Utah on I-84 towards Salt Lake, I cut over to I-80 and really stretched the Mini's legs, then dropped down on I-25 to visit a friend in Wellington Colorado. I left the Mini and flew home. About 2 months later I picked up the Mini with my wife and drove up I-25 to Wyoming through Cheyenne, Casper, caught I-90 at Buffalo, headed North through Sheridan to Missoula and got off on 93 towards Flathead Lake and Glacier National Park and stayed in Kalispell. The next day we drove Going-to-the-Sun-Road in Glacier. Absolutely the scariest and most beautiful 30 miles I've ever driven in my life...it's only 6650', and the view from the top is fantastic. Anyway we got back on I-90 and stayed in Coeur d' Alene at a bed and breakfast. We caught I-90 again and went to Umatilla to catch I-84 and home. We did a lot of sightseeing and put on almost 1800 miles in 4 days.
My son works for Microsoft and lives in Redmond...I dislike driving in the traffic in Olympia North, and refuse to drive it anymore. The traffic is as bad as Los Angeles or San Francisco. Hope you have a safe trip.

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Another +1 for Glacier and Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Glacier is one full day at a min. Yellowstone is huge and a lot to see there, so I’d budget at least 2 days for a quick visit. Traffic could be horrible since everyone is going to national parks this year. I recommend the S UTAH park loop and Grand Canyon in a separate fall or spring trip, it’s hot now and too much to see unless you have several weeks for the trip you are planning.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Check out
Yellowstone
Glacier National park
Little Bighorn Battlefield

Have a great trip