Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the tips.

I think I may be close to finding him. His father has a brother who is a cop who said he accidentally bumped in to him 3 days ago while on duty. He says the nephew told him a few of the places he sleeps at night and took pictures of him showing the bike he uses and a distinctive backpack. The places were all in a part of Phoenix where I had heard rumors he worked at a car wash. Had tried to find him at the car wash years ago but never did. Something I can't figure out is that uncle is a cop in Scottsdale and this part of Phoenix is a LONG way from Scottsdale.

I'm going to go to the possible sleeping locations well before dawn and hope to find him.

Edit: I wasn't aware the cop uncle had changed to the Phoenix police department long ago.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I hope that you can help him out. Sounds like you're getting close.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
After traveling all over the world based on leads posted in this thread, I found him in the next town. Small world.

Apparently the cop I mentioned before asked my nephew to call his dad who the nephew was also estranged from.

A few days later, the dad calls to suggest he and my nephew meet to discuss things.

And.......... that's how you avoid paying a PI.

Nephew is VERY interested in getting the inheritance and getting off the streets. I got him a cell phone and service so he can stay in touch. My corporate co-trustee says we can probably get him in some place and pay with an advance on his inheritance.

Last edited:

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
After traveling all over the world based on leads posted in this thread, I found him in the next town. Small world.

Apparently the cop I mentioned before asked my nephew to call his dad who the nephew was also estranged from.

A few days later, the dad calls to suggest he and my nephew meet to discuss things.

And.......... that's how you avoid paying a PI.

Nephew is VERY interested in getting the inheritance and getting off the streets. I got him a cell phone and service so he can stay in touch. My corporate co-trustee says we can probably get him in some place and pay with an advance on his inheritance.
Hope this works out for your nephew and he can get his life on track. A second chance is a beautiful thing to be able to offer someone who has been struggling. I am certain your father would be proud of your efforts to honor his wishes.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Good luck - I hope the kid has the sense to put the money into a trust. Until whatever it was that led him to homelessness, poverty, and aimlessness is addressed and sufficiently resolved, I fear more of the same will be his plight.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
He has been very reluctant to take help. He imagines he is being followed and watched by either govt agents or organized crime or agents of the family of a girl friend he had many many years ago.

So far he has refused to meet with a professional to evaluate his condition. The co-trustee can't approve an advance on his inheritance for shelter or treatment until he's evaluated. His mother wanted to put him in a hotel at her expense but ultimately didn't. Its one thing to pay for things out of his inheritance and another to be on the hook if he trashed a place or attacked someone there.

It turns out his cop uncle actually found where he slept from a police report over an assault he committed on a bus driver over a year ago. I've seen the report now and it was amazing that the police were looking for the unknown assailant for 5 months and found him 10 miles from the location of the assault. You can beat people up and burn down buildings in front of cops some places, but they'll pursue you forever based only on fuzzy bus security videos for much less elsewhere. Glad this was one of the elsewheres.

And based on what I'm seeing, he may end up with a conservator to manage a trust from his inheritance.

Last edited:

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
He has been very reluctant to take help. He imagines he is being followed and watched by either govt agents or organized crime or agents of the family of a girl friend he had many many years ago.

So far he has refused to meet with a professional to evaluate his condition. The co-trustee can't approve an advance on his inheritance for shelter or treatment until he's evaluated. His mother wanted to put him in a hotel at her expense but ultimately didn't. Its one thing to pay for things out of his inheritance and another to be on the hook if he trashed a place or attacked someone there.

It turns out his cop uncle actually found where he slept from a police report over an assault he committed on a bus driver over a year ago. I've seen the report now and it was amazing that the police were looking for the unknown assailant for 5 months and found him 10 miles from the location of the assault. You can beat people up and burn down buildings in front of cops some places, but they'll pursue you forever based only on fuzzy bus security videos for much less elsewhere. Glad this was one of the elsewheres.

And based on what I'm seeing, he may end up with a conservator to manage a trust from his inheritance.
Ahh - I try not to play Junior Psychiatrist, but he is likely a paranoid schizophrenic and a conservatorship is a good idea : he will get the help he needs and not burn through cash.
Best wishes - I hope he gets treatment.
Sponsored