Sponsored

Consistently Random Lack of Power (out of corners)

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I have been dealing with this issue with the i4... well since I bought it. But I don't believe that this is an engine issue per say. Randomly when accelerating from a stop out of a corner, the acceleration "lags" engine revs go up (slower than normal) and there is just no feeling of power.

I THINK it is the ecu pulling timing or limiting fuel when accelerating out of the corner. But even when I turn Advancetrac off this same situation will still randomly occur. (Yes, I often drive with Advancetrac off - I miss the old 90's Mustangs lack of grip 😢 ) But I don't know WHY its happening because I am not even close to pushing what this car can do in these corners. There is no tire squealing or chirping or anything like that.

For example, when leaving work the last 4 days - when accelerating out of this one specific right hand turn it feels like there is so much drag on the car and it doesn't want to accelerate. Revs build slowly (I have not checked boost pressure when this occurs yet) and the car feels like its going nowhere - the transmission also seems to shift slowly as well. BUT during the next righthand stop I take, the car accelerates normally ALMOST every single time.

I will also say, my last s550 mustang was a v6 and these symptoms only happened twice throughout my ownership.

So what do you think this is? Its pretty annoying because the car isn't doing what I am expecting - which in the right circumstance could be dangerous.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Try disconnecting the ABS jumper plug next to the air box under the hood on left side since that will disable all ABS, traction and advance trac controls completely, if it still does not accelerate properly it's not the nannies causing the problem.

Any codes or check engine lights, ABs/trac control lights coming on.

BD

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Try disconnecting the ABS jumper plug next to the air box under the hood on left side since that will disable all ABS, traction and advance trac controls completely, if it still does not accelerate properly it's not the nannies causing the problem.

Any codes or check engine lights, ABs/trac control lights coming on.

BD
It is not an ABS jumper plug and it will most certainly not disconnect ABS (I have it basically permanently disconnected so I am quite familiar with it). It will disable traction and stability control.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It is not an ABS jumper plug and it will most certainly not disconnect ABS (I have it basically permanently disconnected so I am quite familiar with it). It will disable traction and stability control.
My bad, I realized that after posting it was for traction/advance trac only for doing dyno pulls.

BD

OP
OP
sirben711

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
No codes, nothing like that. The engine emails :cwl: runs smooth

Would this do more than me flipping the switch in the car? Any adverse effects?

The car never has this lack of power when going in a straight line.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

No - these cars have tendency to throw "Service Advancetrac" message when driven hard (probably detect a rate of yaw that makes them think you're going to die) and turn everything back on immediately after - so in these situation, it screws you over and pulling plug prevents it. But if you never got that message, no reason to pull the plug - especially that you have a light on dash on permanently.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
track mode with advancedtrac left in default stage (on). intervened aggressively. Find a test subject to take a video?

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

With plug by air box unplugged you will have a permanent message for advance trac error illuminated on the dash until it is reconnected. It was just a suggestion to do as a test to see if the nannies were causing you the loss of power issues coming out of turns.

BD.
Sponsored