Sponsored

Considering trading my 15 for an 18.

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP, 1994 GT 'Vert
I currently have a yellow 2015 gt pp MT 50 yr package Mustang.

The dealership is interested in my car and trying to talk me in to an 18.

I know with the 15 that the automatic was the better transmission and that I could have done without a few things.

What are the suggestions on the 18, is the 10 speed auto any good? What about the active exhaust and the magnetic ride? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank you!
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The 18 is objectively better in every way. It's the subjective part that might sway you otherwise, well, and the financial loss part.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
theres a reason they are trying to convince you to trade in your 15 for an 18... don't do it
Absolutely correct. As my dear old Dad used to say,"They want you to give them yours, and buy theirs". In other words, they will bend you over and give you a big screwing.

But, if you want a 2018 that's a different story altogether. :)

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I would say Auto for sure unless youre a die hard manual guy. i love the 10 speed. the rest depends on what you want to do. i like the PP1 and the magne ride for all the auto adjustments done based on mode. the active exhaust in my opinion you can do without as most people will buy a nice exhaust. for me im just going to do an X pipe to delete the suit case but the exhaust stock is pretty decent. jsut needs more volume.

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Honestly I would not do it unless you are not please with your current features, the operation of your manual, or you are a guy that fixates on having the new thing. I don't see the level of changes that warrant it. They have been trying to get me in also but I keep telling them no. I have been tempted but I will pass because I can really add the features I want to my car without paying interest on it. Also the fact that after just under 1 year of ownership I am already under 20K.

OP
OP

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP, 1994 GT 'Vert
Well, after running the numbers and what the advantages are of the 18, I'll be keeping my 15. I looked in to trading it for a GT350, but they can't make the numbers work for what I wanted, so I'm happy to keep mine. :)

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Edited out because I just saw your response. Gratz on making the choice. The 15 is a great car. A couple tweaks will turn it into a badass car. :D

Last edited:

Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
The amount of money you will lose can buy you Whipple and then some.

Then you can crush hellcat hearts ever day.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I currently have a yellow 2015 gt pp MT 50 yr package Mustang.

The dealership is interested in my car and trying to talk me in to an 18.

I know with the 15 that the automatic was the better transmission and that I could have done without a few things.

What are the suggestions on the 18, is the 10 speed auto any good? What about the active exhaust and the magnetic ride? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank you!
+1 to what Buckweed said above. Just no.

They aren't interested in your car. They are interested in bending you over and taking advantage of you.

And who told you the '15 auto tranny was better than the MT-82? What a crock. I'd say they are about equal.

The 10-speed in the '18 is a bit different. Manual vs 10-speed auto is a harder decision.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
+1 to what Buckweed said above. Just no.

They aren't interested in your car. They are interested in bending you over and taking advantage of you.

And who told you the '15 auto tranny was better than the MT-82? What a crock. I'd say they are about equal.

The 10-speed in the '18 is a bit different. Manual vs 10-speed auto is a harder decision.
depends on point of view. we all know the A6 is faster at the drag strip than the mt82. The 6R80 also has show to be pretty solid in handling power, with a converter and a tune they are supposed to be monsters on the street. (i never had a modified A6 so i cant say for sure) there is just clearly more failures with the mt82 (could be due to driver issues). I can say the A10 is real nice. best auto i have had and in sport mode or track mode its real aggressive.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
So from another perspective here - I bought an 18 and am very happy.

For me - it was a good change. This car feels completely different - The shift speed diff in the AUTO trans, paddle shift change, and all the other little changes are very much worth it.

I love mine - I miss my deep impact '15, she was a special car how ever my '18 is a whole new experience. Its twitchier, more like a wild horse.....

For what its worth, for the money you are getting what you will pay 70 - 80 and over in many brands.

Make sure it makes financial sense tho as our brothers and sisters here have said.

All in all no regerts and no looking back. I love mine.

Last edited:

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I'm not going to sugar-coat it....

You'd be a massive idiot for trading your 2015 Mustang for a 2018 Mustang.

Why???

Because your 2015 model year is an S550 Mustang, and the 2018 model year is ALSO an S550 Mustang.

Is the 2018 a "better" car? Yes, it is..., but its not so good as to justify the financial ass-raping you will get when switching from one S550 to another S550.

Play stoopid games..., win stoopid prizes.
Sponsored