Considering sending my baby to Hennessey Performance

Arokk27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2012 F250 6.7
Does anyone have any insight into Hennessy and their HPE850 build. Garret at Hennessy expressly guarantees reliability for a daily toy in the good months around here, and I want to have a demon of a car when yahoos in my area try and toy with me. I would do a build myself but the Whipple setups alone are 8-10k for what id need. Not including tune, injectors etc. Does anyone have experience with Hennessy and are they actually done as well as they claim? Just want to be sure I won't be torching my motor anytime soon if I do this. Love the car as is but would love to have it faster... Said every car guy ever. Any experience would be great, I know they were ones responsible for the bullitt builds but still, just a bit hesitant. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
While I have no FHE with Hennessy, I have heard more than one horror story....

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd definitely consider Fathouse, stellar work. I've been pondering sending them my '15 for a while now.

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
hennessey has a hit/miss reputation while fathouse has a great rep. that said, i dont have any personal experience with either so i am not here to bash hennessey. i admit i'd love to own their new F5 hypercar 😃

but from what i understand, hennessey's 850 package costs $25k all-in. that's crank, not rwhp, so you are talking around 740 rwhp for $25k. yes you get their 2yr/24k warranty. i dont know if they even do the OPG/CS, they might but i dont know that.

fathouse has an 800r whipple for $20k all-in. that's legit 800 rwhp (according to their website). that includes OPG/CS and a 1 yr/12k warr. but again they have a well-received rep.

hennessey might do a great job, but fathouse will do it. definitely consider fathouse or at least research more and talk to them.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Keep the warranty side in perspective. If your install is done way out of state the accessibility to that service will be a problem. I went with a stage 2 Whipple setup and the supporting mods. Used there tune, but did have it Dyno’d and checked. Car runs awesome. I had no desire to mess with anything other then pump premium, this the whipple tune. Your better off looking for a local shop that has a good reputation to do the install. With what your after its a petty straight forward install regardless of the manufacturer you choose.

OP
OP

Arokk27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arik
Vehicle(s)
hennessey has a hit/miss reputation while fathouse has a great rep. that said, i dont have any personal experience with either so i am not here to bash hennessey. i admit i'd love to own their new F5 hypercar 😃

but from what i understand, hennessey's 850 package costs $25k all-in. that's crank, not rwhp, so you are talking around 740 rwhp for $25k. yes you get their 2yr/24k warranty. i dont know if they even do the OPG/CS, they might but i dont know that.

fathouse has an 800r whipple for $20k all-in. that's legit 800 rwhp (according to their website). that includes OPG/CS and a 1 yr/12k warr. but again they have a well-received rep.

hennessey might do a great job, but fathouse will do it. definitely consider fathouse or at least research more and talk to them.
Thanks! Much Appreciated I contacted them today for some info, greatly appreciated their insight into crank reliability and mods. Actually leaning towards the twin turbo setup they offer just for the stress on the engine being almost non-existent. No added crank stress, plus the option to build beyond 8-900 HP. Just gotta fork up another 10k 😅

OP
OP

Arokk27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arik
Vehicle(s)
I have never heard a Hennessey story end well, ever.
Thanks, finding more horror stories and got a great explanation on their process from the guys at fathouse. Fathouse seems to be the place to go for the Shelby's based on the information I got from them.

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Much Appreciated I contacted them today for some info, greatly appreciated their insight into crank reliability and mods. Actually leaning towards the twin turbo setup they offer just for the stress on the engine being almost non-existent. No added crank stress, plus the option to build beyond 8-900 HP. Just gotta fork up another 10k 😅
twins for the wins :-)

OP
OP

Arokk27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arik
Vehicle(s)
twins for the wins :-)
They seem crazy, plus I can take the car up to 1300whp down the road with same turbo setup if I choose. Love the options, supercharger they told me I'm stuck at about 800 with reliability in mind. Really liked the insight there. Pretty exciting, just gotta make sure Im alive to drive the car when I tell my wife. 🤣

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Thanks for all of the great recommendations guys!

Please reach out to either myself or @Trevor@FatFab with any questions. We respond best to emails and phone calls.

317-422-1660
[email protected]

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Do you have to deal with emissions where your at? The Fathouse twin setup is really slick. I don’t recall it being smogable.-

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Do you have to deal with emissions where your at? The Fathouse twin setup is really slick. I don’t recall it being smogable.-
I really have to look into this. I’m behind enemy lines in Kalifornia.
Ben or Trevor??
Sponsored