Sponsored

Considering a new S550 - have you had these problems?

Have you had any or all of these problems? Select all that apply.

• Driveline vibration (usually at highway speed)

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • A/C issues

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Panel/body misalignment issues

Votes: 81 28.1%
  • Other significant issue (more than one repair attempt))

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • No significant issues whatsoever

Votes: 192 66.7%

• Total voters

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Buy an S550 and never look back. The car is just that good.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My 2015 GT Premium w/Performance Package. Build date 5/12/2015. Slight hood misalignment. A tiny blemish in paint on left rear quarter panel, hardly noticeable unless I'm cleaning the car. Had one problem with rear view camera that went away. Also had a check engine light come on for a loose gas cap (shouldn't happen with the equipped gas cap). Cleared light and problem has not recurred. Took delivery August 2015 with 200 miles on it. Dealer used it for a week or so.
I don't have a gas cap on my S550. I have a fuel door only. You must have a special edition S550.

Reactions: CB

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I've experienced 3 out of 4 issues listed in the poll. I can neither confirm or deny any AC issues since I drive around almost exclusively with my windows down.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I haven't had any issues, but I've only had the car for 4 months and it just 3,000 miles a few days ago.

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
I have not had any of those issues. This car is fantastic and easily the best build quality of any of the 4 Mustang's I've owned. Now, I only have 1,800 miles on her, so it's possible things can develop overtime.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
So far, so good, here. No issues with anything.

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
'16 GT Premium PP here, only 1200 miles so far but no serious issues other than a few minor panel alignment issues (mainly the proud headlight on the driver side).

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
[...]
but I'm concerned about the drive line vibration issue that seems fairly common.
[...]

Also, seemingly common are the panel alignment and A/C issues.
Forums compromise a very small percentage of actual owners. The fact that some issues seem more common on the forums does not mean they are common among all of the cars. People on the forums tend to find faults easier and nitpick them.
See: mt82 'issues'

On topic... 2015 GT PP here. None of those issues listed.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I originally had a 16 GTPP that had body issues. The dealer ordered me a new 17 and the body is much better but not perfectly straight, much better than the 16 and I have a good eye for "straight" as IMO any new car should be just that. A couple other things I also noticed with the 17 is the torsen does not bang into gear and the clutch spring is similar to the Steeda. Ford is getting better at building the s550 each year. QA goes a long way...

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Other than the shuffle on SYNC turning itself off sometimes ( no surprise because SYNC sucks!) I've had no issues.
Those that want to worry and fret about buying a Mustang should just give in their secret desire to own a Prius.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Other than the shuffle on SYNC turning itself off sometimes ( no surprise because SYNC sucks!) I've had no issues.
Those that want to worry and fret about buying a Mustang should just give in their secret desire to own a Prius.
I already own one, so no Prius desire here. And if I'm dropping 40K on ANYTHING, I'm gonna do a little research, no matter how much I want it.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I said I have body panel alignment issues, as I do have one, but not a big deal to me. If you are looking at a '17, I doubt you have to worry about alignment issues at all.

Overall has been a stellar car so far.
Passenger side door was misaligned on my '17

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Even at $40K, if you think a Mustang will be screwed together perfectly, you will be disappointed. I've owned 1/2 dozen Ford vehicles in the last 20 years and none have been "perfect". Bigger question is what else can you buy, for the same money, that performs as well or better? If you pass on the frills, you can find a base GT, 6M in the $30 - $32K range for a car that has the ability to turn a 12 second 1/4 mile in the right conditions......

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
So here's the detailed list:

1. Driveline vibration. Maybe a little bit. Not much and not bad. And it's really hard to tell if it's that or if it's just the way I drive the car. Certainly nothing I'd lose sleep over.

2. A/C Issues. Let me be very clear: HELL. F*CKING. NO. Ford's A/C units are, IMHO, the best in the business. Plop that thing in Max A/C mode and even the sweltering Florida heat doesn't stand a chance.

3. Body Panel alignment. Only one complaint. The trunk, when shut, sometimes rubs a bit against the bumper. I don't hear it. I don't see it from outside the car. But when you open the trunk you can see some marks where the clearcoat was rubbed a bit. I probably could adjust it myself, but it just didn't seem to be worth the effort.

4. Other significant issues. Not really a significant one, but the interior passenger side door handle.. the plastichrome bubbled up. Easy fix. Dealer swapped it under warranty in like 30 minutes. But I found that a bit odd. I don't know why Ford used plastichrome there, seems like a dumb idea, honestly.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
- Bad paint on the rear quarter panel
- Key fob(s) kept requiring a reprogram
- Drivers side seat stitching coming apart
- Reverse / Drive delays (sometimes requires N and back to engage)

... oh wait, that's my buddies C7 :D

My car, a '16 GT:

- Passenger side fender "brow" not aligned, DIY fix in about 2 minutes (loosened one fastener, pushed in to align, tighten bolt, perfect, fixed) Note this was due to the alignment hole not actually being aligned.

- Sync 3 had experienced 2 hangs requiring a simple shutdown/power cycle to reset

- Cooled seats could be a little better, there's a DIY fix, I'm in Florida, if it's super hot, I'm top up anyway, and the AC system is super effective

That's it, still totally in love with this car, right at 11 months of ownership.
Sponsored