Status
Not open for further replies.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Australia's Prime Minister Scott Morrison won re-election on Saturday, stunning pollsters who had anticipated his defeat for several months. Morrison championed working-class economic stability during his campaign, and his victory is part of a populist trend, which now stretches across the U.S., Brazil, Hungary and Italy.
Morrison is an evangelical Christian, who has professed admiration for President Trump. During his campaign he promised voters he would lower energy prices, and cut costs for first-time homeowners.
In his speech, Morrison also paid tribute to "the quiet Australians" who voted for his coalition. "It has been those Australians who have worked hard every day, they have their dreams, they have their aspirations, to get a job, to get an apprenticeship, to start a business, to meet someone amazing," he said. "To start a family, to buy a home, to work hard and provide the best you can for your kids. To save for your retirement. These are the quiet Australians who have won a great victory tonight!"
In 2013, as immigration minister, Morrison advocated denying asylum seekers arriving by sea the right to apply for settlement in Australia.
https://www.npr.org/2019/05/18/7246...ott-morrison-scores-surprise-election-victory
Wow, looks like an Australian President Trump!
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Reality can be a real eye opener to people asleep at the wheel. Glace to see the bend.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
He is a disgrace and unfortunately most Australians are to stupid to see past their blinders and BS spewed forth by this person. But, in 6 months when everything starts to fall apart, I will sit back and laugh at all of the people that voted this smug and his band of cronies in.

OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
He is a disgrace and unfortunately most Australians are to stupid to see past their blinders and BS spewed forth by this person. But, in 6 months when everything starts to fall apart, I will sit back and laugh at all of the people that voted this smug and his band of cronies in.
Sound like good honest conservative values to me. I kinda like the guy after reading about him, I may start to take more interest in Australian politics.:flag:Maybe America can have a good honest ally to depend on. What will we see next? PM Nigel Farage? Go Brexit!

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Things are very grim in Australian politics.
RIP Australia.

OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Things are very grim in Australian politics.
RIP Australia.
Hopefully you will see a strong economy and resurgence of National pride as we have seen in America since Obama the apologizer and Obama the Economy wrecker is in retirement.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I think politics are in bad shape all over the world, letting 3% of the people rule 97% will never work. Liberalism will never work, open borders will never work, letting everyone think they are equally will never work,.

Life isn't fair, never has been, never will be. Who promised it was, crap your parents said to you when you were 5 years old to get you to be quiet. Still working today says the government.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully you will see a strong economy and resurgence of National pride as we have seen in America since Obama the apologizer and Obama the Economy wrecker is in retirement.
I’d be happier if our dollar could crack 0.70 USD at the moment...
More seriously though, the landscape looks a lot like this:
Walk into polling booth, start at least preferred option, working your way to number one.
That’s not to say that you want #1 running the show, it’s just that you REALLY don’t want the other fuckers doing it.
It’s not good.
We don’t have any truly inspirational leaders available and if they don’t perform, the parties simply get rid of them, even if they were elected...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sounds like the elite's reaction to Trump's win. LoL

And you are looking forward to laughing when Australia falls apart? :like: [not]

Do you even listen to yourself?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Very interesting outcome. However there is still a Governor-General appointed by QEII of England who is above the PM correct? So does that mean that the Governor-General appointee is still the authoritarian rule and the PM is only a consultant for "the people's" wishes? Or is the Governor-General appointee more or less a protocol position these days?

Great people in Australia. I can speak personally for Perth/Free Mantle, W.A. Visited there twice back in the 80's. Would assume the locals are as hospitable today as they were in 87 and again in 89. Still remember taking my first drag off of a John Player Special when I smoked in those days. HEAD BUZZ! LOL!

OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’d be happier if our dollar could crack 0.70 USD at the moment...
More seriously though, the landscape looks a lot like this:
Walk into polling booth, start at least preferred option, working your way to number one.
That’s not to say that you want #1 running the show, it’s just that you REALLY don’t want the other fuckers doing it.
It’s not good.
We don’t have any truly inspirational leaders available and if they don’t perform, the parties simply get rid of them, even if they were elected...
I never could quite understand the way the PMs are elected by the politicians. The way our president is picked is a check and balance against crazy legislators running the show. Hence, why Trump is where he is at today.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.