Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
Long story short dealer did oil+filter, wrote it up correctly but part# on invoice was for the wrong oil. I brought it to the service writers attention and they offered to correct the mistake . The tech drained and refilled with 10qts of the correct oil (but no filter change). Checking oil level 15 minutes after a drive itā€™s just above the hole in the dipstick. Other vehicles Iā€™ve had I could put an extra half or full quart in, some even recommend a bit extra for tracking but this is my first Coyote. Any issues being what I imagine is about .5 quarts over? Thanks yā€™all.
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Long story short dealer did oil+filter, wrote it up correctly but part# on invoice was for the wrong oil
I had similar situation with my GT350. The paperwork said some other oil weight. When I asked the service mngr, he said it's just a standard weight that comes up for all their oil changes. If it wasn't for the fact I saw them actually put in 5W-50, I'd be worried too.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I had similar situation with my GT350. The paperwork said some other oil weight. When I asked the service mngr, he said it's just a standard weight that comes up for all their oil changes. If it wasn't for the fact I saw them actually put in 5W-50, I'd be worried too.
Thatā€™s ridiculous. In this day and age they canā€™t bother the computer to put the right oil weight on the invoice?

Sponsored

OP
OP
spankybranch

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
They wrote it up in the ā€œcustomer statesā€ as the motorcraft full-syn 5w30, but the price was wrong (cheaper) and the part# was for 5w20 syn-blend they werenā€™t 100% sure if they wrote it wrong or used the wrong oil so they drained and filled with what I originally asked for.

OP
OP
spankybranch

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
That's one of the reasons to always do ur own maintenance. :like:
Yeah, true. I have moved to a condo so itā€™s not as easy to get the car up off the ground as it was at the house. The main reason is using up points for free oil changes. My local dealers charge $150 for a full-syn motorcraft oil/filter change, along with topping up anything else and ā€œmulti-point inspectionā€ šŸ˜‚. I have enough Fordpass points left for about 6 more oil changes so I am going to use them up.

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
Yeah, true. I have moved to a condo so itā€™s not as easy to get the car up off the ground as it was at the house. The main reason is using up points for free oil changes. My local dealers charge $150 for a full-syn motorcraft oil/filter change, along with topping up anything else and ā€œmulti-point inspectionā€ šŸ˜‚. I have enough Fordpass points left for about 6 more oil changes so I am going to use them up.
When I bought my mustang and my wife's explorer, they both came with free oil changes. I never used them. LOL! I understand being in a condo though makes it harder to do vehicle maintenance. Glad to know the dealerships charge $150 for full synthetic because it makes me feel better about spending around $70 for 10 quarts of Mobil 1 and a Motorcraft filter. Hahaha

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Any issues being what I imagine is about .5 quarts over? Thanks yā€™all.
In my Datsun wagon, which was supposed to have 3.5 qts of oil, an extra 0.5 meant death for the valve guide seals.

In my Mustang GT, which is supposed to have 10 qts in the first place, an extra 0.5 might not be a big deal.

My local dealers charge $150 for a full-syn motorcraft oil/filter change, along with topping up anything else and ā€œmulti-point inspectionā€ šŸ˜‚. I have enough Fordpass points left for about 6 more oil changes so I am going to use them up.
Damn... My local dealer charged me $52 for an oil change, and that was about $30 cheaper than doing it myself.

...And that was Cavalier Ford, who I'd seen put a "market adjustment" on an EcoBoost Mustang.
Sponsored

Last edited: