Sponsored

Conflictiing spacer info. Good/bad. Whats the deal?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Getting a Steeda comfort package with 1 inch lowering springs. Looking into 25 mm hub centric spacers, but of course I see dont do it or their fine.
Even American Muscle says not to use spacers that big on the front only the rear. Others say its fine. I hear stuff about bearings weaing out, axels wearing out, etc.. then others say they drag race and have no issues.
Then I hear they help stability and suspension or they hurt it.
Whats the deal? Does anyone really know?

EDIT: Decided to go with new wheels not spacers. Thanks for those who helped.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Are you using standard/standard lugs? I've gone to longer studs because I'm 18x11 square, but here's some visuals.

25mm spacer (1 inch)
IMG_20200702_121250.jpg

Stock Front Hub
IMG_20200702_121257.jpg

Stock Front Hub + 25mm spacer
IMG_20200702_121439.jpg

Now if you feel comfortable putting a rim on there and the lugs to securely hold it on, that's up to you.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I haven't bought any yet because of the conflicting info I'm getting. Thats why I posted. My brain is confused by these things lol

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
At the risk of sounding dumb, why do you need the front spacers that big?

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
At the risk of sounding dumb, why do you need the front spacers that big?
Everyone that gets spacers for the s550 seems to get 25 mm as the tires sit flush. Better overall look.

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone that gets spacers for the s550 seems to get 25 mm as the tires sit flush. Better overall look.
Just curious. Perhaps you could go with lesser spacers then. In my situation, as with some others, we're running 11+ inch rims square and need to clear the strut. For me, 25 wasn't even enough, I'm running 27mm+5mm spacers.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just curious. Perhaps you could go with lesser spacers then. In my situation, as with some others, we're running 11+ inch rims square and need to clear the strut. For me, 25 wasn't even enough, I'm running 27mm+5mm spacers.
I'm keeping the stock rims for the time being so anything less than custom made 23mm would be a waste. Anything over 25 would be too much.
23 or 25 is the set spot. 20s on the back as long as the studs don't have to be trimmed.
But then you read spacers shouldn't be used up front at all then you read no issues. That's where I'm getting baffled.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Eibach sells the same and even they say don't put them on the front.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Eibach sells the same and even they say don't put them on the front.
Yeah those things are a different story. So before you had like 4 threads, and this one you have a whole bunch more. I wouldn't trust them on my car, but different folks, different strokes.
IMG_20200702_143420.jpg

Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running 20mm Eibachs on all 4 corners for a few months now with spirited street driving. No issues at all. Looks great. I did have a shop double check torque after a week or so when I had the springs swapped. If you want to be 100% sure, get different wheels with your desired offset. If you buy bolt on hub-centric spacers, I'd only use them on the street since heavy track driving with sticky tires is the fastest way to find your weakest link. Do what feels right to you. It's your car and your safety. I have confidence in a small 20mm spacer. I've seen 4" spacers on huge trucks with massively heavy tires and chassis on the road. THAT would scare the crap out of me.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
doing spacers just for looks is (ed. unprintable words removed). Replace the front hubs with FP or put in ARP extended studs and then you can use whatever slip-on and co-axial spacers you want for that PHAT look or whatever.

By far the reason people use spacers up front is so that they can use ET50+ REAR wheels up front.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yea I'm looking into just getting some new rims, but thats another area I'm dumb in so I'll post another thread. lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I'm looking into just getting some new rims, but thats another area I'm dumb in so I'll post another thread. lol
or just spend a few hours reading what's been posted about at length in more than a handful of threads. This isn't Facebook where nobody bothers to look at history. You can search. The probability of you having an novel question is just about nil.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
or just spend a few hours reading what's been posted about at length in more than a handful of threads. This isn't Facebook where nobody bothers to look at history. You can search. The probability of you having an novel question is just about nil.
See thats the thing. I have searched, but dont find the information I am after. I get about 40 different stories on 1 topic. So for me its better to ask exactly what I want. I dont know why the hostile "This isn't Facebook where nobody bothers to look at history. You can search." If you dont like my post that I post, dont look and dont post. Simple.
Sponsored