Sponsored

Condensation in headlight? 2021 stang GT w 6000 miles.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys,

Anyone ever have condensation in there headlights w such little miles? Here we go again. Another warranty issue. 1st, 2 bad illuminated door sills and now a bad headlight.

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
To be perfectly honest here, some condensation can be normal. There's actually a page in the owners manual about it. I dealt with it in my Raptor, but it cleared up in a few days. I'd say give it a few days and go from there.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
To be perfectly honest here, some condensation can be normal. There's actually a page in the owners manual about it. I dealt with it in my Raptor, but it cleared up in a few days. I'd say give it a few days and go from there.
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply, no kidding via manual. I will check it out. đź‘Ť Here in NY today it's like 16 degrees. Maybe that's a factor as well. But the weather shouldnt be an issue.. I remember always having these issues on all my fox bodies, but those were 30 yer old cars lol. 2021s shouldnt be having these issues. Wtf!
Ok, will give it by end of week. Appreciate your advice. đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Thanks, Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Here you go. I'm not trying to downplay the issue. Yours could be a real problem. But most likely not.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 4.22.50 PM.png
Thanks a bunch!!!! I just dont know how they can say condensation inside the housing is normal? That means there was a slight leak that allowed water or vapor inside. That never goes away, from my experience. We shall see........... "BTW, Its ONLY the drivers side headlight."

Thanks Anthony

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have had a light misting on a few occasions, but it hasn’t hung around for long.

Last time was a cold fresh (dry) evening and they had salted the roads. I came home and with the car still warm and running, I ran the hose under the arches. Steam from both front arches (cats / GPF’s) and maybe just with the way the breeze was blowing, the drivers headlight (on the right had side lol) instantly misted.

It had fully cleared the following day, but I guess that’s an indication of given the right circumstances they will mist but in my experience, clear quickly.

Hope yours isn’t an issue and it all turns out OK :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
It probably needs bigger vents than usual because the heat from the bulbs.. Allowing moisture but also quick evaporation.
I haven't used car at all, was sick with covid. Car was parkled for 1 week, and noticed it today in daylight after driving it a bit. So i didnt have the lights on.
Thanks Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I have had a light misting on a few occasions, but it hasn’t hung around for long.

Last time was a cold fresh (dry) evening and they had salted the roads. I came home and with the car still warm and running, I ran the hose under the arches. Steam from both front arches (cats / GPF’s) and maybe just with the way the breeze was blowing, the drivers headlight (on the right had side lol) instantly misted.

It had fully cleared the following day, but I guess that’s an indication of given the right circumstances they will mist but in my experience, clear quickly.

Hope yours isn’t an issue and it all turns out OK :like:

Thanks for reply. It is actually in both headlights, more so on drivers side though. We share weather conditions, they salted the roads today.???
Thanks, I hope it isnt an issue either. Otherwise car will be going back to dealer for warranty issue.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
The key phrase is "unacceptable condensation".

I have never seen an acceptable condensation LOL it should not be visible, but will always be there.

Seems like vent is not working.
I've noticed on both of them. I didnt have this issue until i had the ROUSH max mod installed at dealer. They had bumper off to install the external cooling radiators for blower. If this keeps up, car will be going back to dealer. Not dealing with this non sense. It seems its always something with this car. Overly sensitive, had 3 issues with illuminated door sills wavying up and now headlights fogging up. Not cool.........................

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just a thought - are the heat exchangers for the roush mod sat under (or near) the headlights ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the niggles are pain every new car I had dishes up a few I just had dealer take care with oil changes and don't let them annoy me.....at least with a Mustang they are expected haha
I hear ya!!! Bro.. it's just annoying and seriously for a $50k car, quality should be less of an issue. My foxbody seemed more bulletproof than this car, less small bullshit breaking...đź‘Žđź‘Žđź‘Ž

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Just a thought - are the heat exchangers for the roush mod sat under (or near) the headlights ?

Absolitely, right below headlights. Do you think the heat from the coolers is rising up into the headlight assemblies? It was 16 degrees here in NY today, I cant see how the heat would be affecting it..
Thanks Anthony

20211209_132003.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Absolitely, right below headlights. Do you think the heat from the coolers is rising up into the headlight assemblies? It was 16 degrees here in NY today, I cant see how the heat would be affecting it..
Thanks Anthony

20211209_132003.jpg
Any reasonably quick change of temperature can cause condensation / misting so yes, I guess there is an increased chance (given the right environmental circumstances) with the position of those coolers.

In addition, a heat exchanger that is wet on the outside will produce steam as the inside warms up - could it be possible you are seeing the same effect as I got when I had steam coming of the cat's / GPF's when I spayed under the wheel arch ?

Personally, if its just a light misting and its temporary, I think you are living with it, but if its a prolonged issue that continues throughout the seasons I think you have a problem :frown:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Thanks for reply. It is actually in both headlights, more so on drivers side though. We share weather conditions, they salted the roads today.???
Thanks, I hope it isnt an issue either. Otherwise car will be going back to dealer for warranty issue.
Hot lights, cold temps, this will happen, Unless you live on a sand dune dry climate . The housing are not 100% sealed.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Any reasonably quick change of temperature can cause condensation / misting so yes, I guess there is an increased chance (given the right environmental circumstances) with the position of those coolers.

In addition, a heat exchanger that is wet on the outside will produce steam as the inside warms up - could it be possible you are seeing the same effect as I got when I had steam coming of the cat's / GPF's when I spayed under the wheel arch ?

Personally, if its just a light misting and its temporary, I think you are living with it, but if its a prolonged issue that continues throughout the seasons I think you have a problem :frown:

It warmed up today in NY to 39 degrees from 16, MIST is gone. Happy to report!!! Now, im gonna watch it!!!

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored