Condensation in FP Clear Tail lights

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Hey, any of you guys that upgraded to the new clear tail lights seeing condensation in them?

7EE7EC4B-7D7A-42A1-A654-454A26115C0C.jpeg

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I have not purchased the FP ones yet since I'm doing a few others things first as I bought some renegade ones before these became available or announced the Ice White addition, however, I have a couple times have had a little bit of condensation in them a few times. I have not seen any standing water though and it is normal to get a little bit of condensation at times.

As long as you don't get standing water in them usually that stuff dries out. Don't try taking them out and blowing air in or anything cause it won't help anymore than just keeping the lights on and driving the car or letting it dry themselves out.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
What sort of water exposure has the car had? Rain, pressure washer, car-wash, etc?
I have these lights but I park inside and I haven't washed my car since installing them.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had a set of aftermarket lights that came with a paper that explained some condensation is normal, just not standing water. Any non oem light I have used/tried all got some sort of condensation at some point.

OP
OP

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
What sort of water exposure has the car had? Rain, pressure washer, car-wash, etc?
I have these lights but I park inside and I haven't washed my car since installing them.
Just a touchless wash, other than that it’s in the garage when I’m driving it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
I had a set of aftermarket lights that came with a paper that explained some condensation is normal, just not standing water. Any non oem light I have used/tried all got some sort of condensation at some point.
I can see that with non-OEM, but these were the FP ones.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Just a touchless wash, other than that it’s in the garage when I’m driving it.
Maybe avoid the touchless wash for a while. See if it clears up.

OP
OP

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
Maybe avoid the touchless wash for a while. See if it clears up.
Thanks… I think it’ll clear up, but I don’t think it should be happening in the first place…

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks… I think it’ll clear up, but I don’t think it should be happening in the first place…
Agreed. Is it just the drivers side? This is a bit of a pain but you could remove it and check the plug on the back where the wires go through the plastic. Have a look for anything that looks like a seam open or crack.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
FP isnt OEM they are still considered aftermarket.
So they are do not come from the same source as the red OEM parts? I thought these were legit "Ford" parts?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So they are do not come from the same source as the red OEM parts? I thought these were legit "Ford" parts?
FP says, "Parts are designed, engineered, and developed to rigorous Ford OE standards." So I'm sure some parts are made in the same factories, but not all. I can tell you the clear plastic shell the FP lights are not as thick as the red oem.

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
These clear lamps are standard on our Australian Mustangs, and yes, some condensation does appear at times. It goes away.

From the Australian Mustang Service Manual for my 2017 GT:

"Condensation in the Exterior Front Lamps and Rear Lamps.

Exterior front lamps and rear lamps have vents to accommodate normal changes in air pressure. Condensation can be a natural by-product of this design. When moist air enters the lamp assembly through the vents, there is a possibility that condensation can occur when the temperature is cold. When normal condensation occurs, a fine mist can form on the interior of the lens. The fine mist eventually clears and exits through the vents during normal operation. Clearing time may take as long as 48 hours under dry weather conditions. Examples of acceptable condensation are: • The presence of a fine mist (no streaks, drip marks or large droplets). • A fine mist covers less than 50% of the lens. Examples of unacceptable condensation are: • A water puddle inside the lamp. • Streaks, drip marks or large droplets present on the interior of the lens. If you see any unacceptable condensation, have your vehicle checked by an authorized dealer "

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm pretty certain that's perfectly normal, and goes away with the lights being on for a few minutes. They're engineered that way, they allow air to move through them IIRC.
Sponsored