OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of ADD... this thread is the making of a Ritalin commercial. Start off talking about RAM, morphs into console v rig, Linix v Windows v Mac, Intel v AMD, and thoughts on building/spec'ing computers.

There is no hope for us.
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
My younger brothers had a Gamecube, and I messed around a bit with Windwaker. Very cool level and world design. I wish they had remade Windwaker instead of the garbage Skyward Sword that no one wanted when it came out the first time.
They did, actually. Twilight princess and wind waker got an HD remake for the Wii U. Both look better than skyward sword's switch remake lol. Wind waker, especially, has a lot of cool lighting effects added that make the game look great. Nothing like the half baked remake for skyward sword.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm sure that's great for the 3 people who bough a Wii U :crackup:
If it didn't flop then the switch may have had better hardware or gone in a different direction. Star Fox zero, once you got used to the controls, was also another really good one.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I pretty much do almost nothing with the consoles, they’re set to auto update and they just run - and I like that they’re kind of “transparent” (if that makes sense). Every few years, we upgrade a couple of years after the initial release, when the catalogs get better.

Honestly, we don’t even play all that much. We like really engaging stories, usually with a mix of horror/survival, nothing online, so games like The Last of Us (1 and 2), Ghost of Tsushima was a pretty special experience, we’ll get into those really intensely for a few weeks then everything gathers dust for months. The little G plays a few anime themed games, Zelda, we play some other Switch stuff together.

We’ve been getting into a lot of board games over the last several months like Mansions of Madness (and the expansions), Castle Panic (also expansions), Mysterium, those are fun, and collaborative - I picked up Dead of Winter when it was on sale at Amazon, haven’t even opened it yet!

Anyway, video games are low enough on my priorities, that consoles are the perfect amount of cost and effort to satisfy our occasional desire to play something.
Honestly one of my biggest issues with consoles now is the lack of backwards compatibility. This wasn't a big deal in PS1/PS2/era, but when the PS3 released originally it was a big deal for me to have the compatibility. Now with the PS4 and PS5 I feel like the topic is relevant again. I booted up my PS3 a few years ago and was actually mad that I couldn't access any of the old content that I paid for on the PSN. I remember literally getting errors stating that I couldn't access it because my account was so hold. This really made me mad because I probably spent about $2,000 over the course of my ownership and it was virtually gone.

I realized that with PC this is a non-issue. I got into PC gaming in 2015 and I can still access the same games with my upgraded hardware, it wont go away. With consoles you can't do that and the situation is only getting worse since there is such a push for digital media now. I was a hardcore console gamer when I was younger as I am sure all of us were and it sucks that those games are gone and inaccessible. Still to this day, MAG is my favorite FPS and there's literally no-way to play it. I can still play Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat which were basically the first online games I ever played.

I haven't been following the news but I know with PS5 people are angry that to get the 'PS5' upgrade edition of the game you have to pay $50 lol. Sucks, but the lack of backwards compatibility on consoles now sucks mega ass. I will get a PS5 eventually, but its only to get the console exclusive games like Demon Souls Remake and GT7. Sony is starting to give PC some of its exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn, so hopefully moving forward they'll push more titles to the PC like Bloodborne.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I haven't been following the news but I know with PS5 people are angry that to get the 'PS5' upgrade edition of the game you have to pay $50 lol.
I'm glad our gaming is so infrequent, we play the titles for the platform, or maybe, given our typical delay to updating, play a game the first time as the Generation+1 Enhanced flavor :D

I mean, as much as I'd like to see Fatal Frame for PS2 on a PS5, I'm OK not playing it again :crackup:

Speaking of PS2 ... I still have an, *ahem*, modified PS2 and like a jillion games, it's one those can't pitch it, but it's got zero value. Hahaha, it's like the Dreamcast I got the HDMI interface for, all setup, controller extensions, so the little G could fire up Sonic for 10 minutes one time :crazy:
Sponsored