Sponsored

Completing suspension list before boxing day sales. Need some help with my suspension list

OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
0.5 drop - no bumpsteer, no extended ball joint.
1" drop - yes to both.

putting in a big bushing or bearing in the RLCA is for precision and accuracy, which for a DD is beside the point but if 'just DD' is your metric then the stock wet-noodle suspension and 245 section tires is plenty fine too.
Ok on the bumpsteer and extended ball joints.
I am not fine with the wet noodle suspension. Especially that bouncing rear. I'll be putting in poly rlca bushings.

no. Diff = differential. IRS = IRS frame. Look at the underside of your car. There's a big-ass steel frame 5 feet wide by 3 feet long with 4 major anchor points. That's the IRS. The diff pumpkin is suspended at 4 points, 2 forward, 2 rear smack in the middle of the IRS frame. The rear bushing bolt holes is what the thin-wall collars fix.
Understood lol. I will pick those up then, seems like a good idea since I plan on keeping this car long term.

because you were supposed to keep all 4 'loose' and get the 4 corners ALIGNED before torquing stuff down.
But I didn't torque or tighten anything down out of order. I think my problem was the thread hole not being clean enough as I read afterwards some people had the same problem and cleaned the threads out with a tap and it went in without trouble after.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Ok on the bumpsteer and extended ball joints.
I am not fine with the wet noodle suspension. Especially that bouncing rear. I'll be putting in poly rlca bushings.

Understood lol. I will pick those up then, seems like a good idea since I plan on keeping this car long term.

But I didn't torque or tighten anything down out of order. I think my problem was the thread hole not being clean enough as I read afterwards some people had the same problem and cleaned the threads out with a tap and it went in without trouble after.
Thread chaser is correct option, tap will take too much out.
Sponsored