Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Below are photos of my reapholstered Mustang steering wheel that I installed today. $204, plus $13 for shipping, gained me my desired wheel: E92 M3 thickness, enhanced thumbgrips, and high-quality napa leather that still smells like the leather is drying (glorious).

For those looking for a new wheel, especially if you’re not into D-cut, consider an upholstery shop over the more expensive (and thin) factory replacements. This new wheel is gorgeous and is a beast. Thank you to the UK’s Royal Steering Wheels for the great service and product.
B317F3D3-C8B7-4B7C-8799-73062D92C648.jpeg
9992A546-3705-462B-9453-BE341A16112B.jpeg
3D9D1C84-7A22-4140-A179-6B24B97BFCB2.jpeg
A451137A-E81A-4063-83EB-9A68AAAC6CDE.jpeg
E7512D18-F933-4342-8CBE-DD2041FFDEC4.jpeg

full.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Below are photos of my reapholstered Mustang steering wheel that I installed today. $204, plus $13 for shipping, gained me my desired wheel: E92 M3 thickness, enhanced thumbgrips, and high-quality napa leather that still smells like the leather is drying (glorious).

For those looking for a new wheel, especially if you’re not into D-cut, consider an upholstery shop over the more expensive (and thin) factory replacements. This new wheel is gorgeous and is a beast. Thank you to the UK’s Royal Steering Wheels for the great service and product.
Looking good!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Gorgeous! I ordered a steering wheel cover from redline goods, from what I read and have seen, it is going to give a similar feel... I hope it looks half as good as that!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
The steering wheel continues to impress after a handful of days driving. The new thickness really benefits “feel” on sharp turns and in roundabouts, and the smooth leather is delicious on all accounts.

If you’re considering a wheel upgrade and like the Euro look and feel, for sure consider the upholstery-shop route. This is a mod that you see and touch every time you drive the car and it really transforms the experience for the better.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The steering wheel continues to impress after a handful of days driving. The new thickness really benefits “feel” on sharp turns and in roundabouts, and the smooth leather is delicious on all accounts.

If you’re considering a wheel upgrade and like the Euro look and feel, for sure consider the upholstery-shop route. This is a mod that you see and touch every time you drive the car and it really transforms the experience for the better.
After feeling the BMW M steering wheels, it really set the benchmark for what I want from a steering wheel. The Golf R is excellent too, just a bit too small for my hands. I've never been a fan of alcanatara either.

I know I said it before, but yours is exactly what I'm looking for

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=26543]swat 79[/MENTION]

It sounds like we have identical tastes. Agreed with the Golf R wheel (a collegue of mine has one...so tossable!), the wheel is a bit small and the d-cut never suited me. Agreed, as well, on BMW M wheels; I had one in my E92 and had been missing it every day following my Mustang buy. Now I feel I have the best of both worlds.

When will you get the Redline bit installed? For sure post a write-up.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

It sounds like we have identical tastes. Agreed with the Golf R wheel (a collegue of mine has one...so tossable!), the wheel is a bit small and the d-cut never suited me. Agreed, as well, on BMW M wheels; I had one in my E92 and had been missing it every day following my Mustang buy. Now I feel I have the best of both worlds.

When will you get the Redline bit installed? For sure post a write-up.

We sure do, it is stated to arrive on the 9th, so I am hoping to get it installed within the week after. I will absolutely keep you posted!

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
We sure do, it is stated to arrive on the 9th, so I am hoping to get it installed within the week after. I will absolutely keep you posted!
I'm going to get in on this one....definitely let us know how you like the cover. I've been eyeing the setup from Redline as well. I have no problem with swapping differentials, rebuilding engines - but my needle and thread work is limited to what I did in the Army as medic. :D

Sponsored

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm going to get in on this one....definitely let us know how you like the cover. I've been eyeing the setup from Redline as well. I have no problem with swapping differentials, rebuilding engines - but my needle and thread work is limited to what I did in the Army as medic. :D
No doubt, I got you. Yeah, my hands were NOT made for small tedious things. I dropped gum between my seat and the center console and I felt like that dude in the grand canyon who had to cut his hand off :headbonk:

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
The Redline site is solid...I just ordered an armrest cover in black napa leather with light grey stitching to match my wheel. I’m fairly certain the wife is going to kill me in my sleep soon :cheers:

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Redline site is solid...I just ordered an armrest cover in black napa leather with light grey stitching to match my wheel. I’m fairly certain the wife is going to kill me in my sleep soon :cheers:
At least you'll have died doing what you love lol

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase

Did you get it installed? I ended up scoring an unused black / black redline cover with extra padding for a good deal. Also got a OEM wheel used for a good price, so I don't have to have down time while I figure out if I'm going to do it myself or not. I wasn't the best at using glue in school - so I may farm it out to a local upholstery shop.
Sponsored