2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey,

I still have the stock 235/50 tires on base GT wheels. Even in 80F weather I still can't launch this thing. That might be partially my fault as a driver, but I'm thinking it's the tune + 235s that are the bigger issue.

Also, even from a good roll I've had traction control kick in.

I'm not planning any more mods at this point. I just want something that can handle the power but also being flexible enough to drive in the rain with. At this point, I'm trying to decide between 285 square, 305 square, or 285 front 305 rear.

Thanks
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Hey,

I still have the stock 235/50 tires on base GT wheels. Even in 80F weather I still can't launch this thing. That might be partially my fault as a driver, but I'm thinking it's the tune + 235s that are the bigger issue.

Also, even from a good roll I've had traction control kick in.

I'm not planning any more mods at this point. I just want something that can handle the power but also being flexible enough to drive in the rain with. At this point, I'm trying to decide between 285 square, 305 square, or 285 front 305 rear.

Thanks
I think you'll have to in that range 285 square probably minimum, more like 285fr and 305rr and then a tire that's capable of handling the power like a max or ultra summer tire like a PS4S or ExtremeContact Sport. a 235/50 is a garbage tire for the car's power.

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'll look into the PS4S, seems like they do an outstanding job even in the cold or rain. Thanks!

Any idea what wheel size (height/width) I'd be looking at for 285fr and 305rr?

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
The 275/285 - 305 set up would be a great platform for putting more power down. Plenty of choices as well, especially if you are open to 19's and 20" wheels. Just to give you a few to consider:

275/35R19 - 305/35R19 The same sizes in a 20" should work as well
285/35R19 - 305/30R19 May need higher offset in the front to keep the top edge of the tire out of the fender
275/30R20 - 305/30R20

There are several others, however since the wheel offset is going to dictate where the wheel is going to sit under the fender, you may want to consider finding a wheel that you really like and will look good, then fit the tires to the wheels and the car. This way you don't fall in love with a particular tire size then find that you can't get a wheel you like to make it work.

As far as tires, the PS4S is a great product and tends to work well for many. Although you mentioned cold temps, the Michelin is considered an ultra high performance summer tire so when the temps drop below 45 degrees the rubber compound is going to start to get hard and traction can be effected.

Tires are a product of compromise, meaning there will always be a trade off, a summer tire will deliver fantastic dry and wet traction however not do so well in the colder temps. Where as an all season tire will stay pliable and maintain traction in the winter and colder temps, the compromise being it wont have as good launch capability in the summer.
Sponsored