Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have several customers on Facebook that is currently running them - if I can help with any questions or put you in contact with one of our build team members - let me know.

They are currently on sale during our Cyber Sale!

https://www.steeda.com/#/filter:ss_ymm:Mustang$253E2017

Here is an article on the subject https://www.fordmuscle.com/tech-sto...ightweight-s550-drag-k-member-in-a-cobra-jet/

& Here is also a forum thread on the subject: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/“steeda’s-new-s550-drag-racing-k-member.114790/

TJ

OP
OP

H35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thank you Steeda

Anyone else have any real world experience?

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have a Steeda on mine and love it. Fit and finish is perfect. It give a ton of space to work on anything under the car. I don’t have a turbo kit but it should make a lot of extra room.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I run the Steeda kmember also. Tons of room everywhere while keeping the OEM layout. Loose weight, look good and makes things easier to work on. I run a Procharger cause its badass, but this K appears to have tabs on it to support TT sleeper kit piping.

Sponsored

OP
OP

H35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thank you for the replies!
I like the look of the Steeda over the BMR.
The BMR seems to be missing the rear bars of the k member that bolt to the frame by the floor pans.

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
I am pretty critical about what goes under my car as it sees alot of track time. I was on the fence about the steeda K member. I had a track blow out that messed up my stock K-member. I went with the steeda piece after talking at length with them. I figured at worse I would add to it if need be. When I received it and inspected it. I felt there was no need to change anything and the materials and workmanship were spot on. So far it has just been mostly street miles but it is holding up very well. I would not hesitate to do it again
20190505_195011.jpg

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I’ve installed both. I have the Steeda road race version (love it) on my car and put the BMR drag version on another car. The BMR owner has a Hellhorse mid twin turbo kit coming and I’ll be putting that in as well so we will see how that goes. Per Steeda, I was told the only difference between their road race and drag version is extra gusset strengthening and the rear crossbar for lateral strength. Both Steeda types have provisions for a front sway bar but the BMR one does not which you may not care about being a drag car. The BMR owner here still drives on street with no adverse handling effects but has other upgraded suspension. Other factors that may concern you is that the Steeda k-members can still use oem motor mounts among other aftermarket setups and the BMR one comes with their own style of mounts that allow you to keep stock height or lower some. The BMR mounts will increase NVH as they are a higher density. Any other questions, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Mine....
CB241290-360E-4720-ACEA-500F1EC78DE7.jpeg

His.....
CD0E710A-7A61-4E7E-8CED-7F7B21680947.jpeg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
db252 thanks for the feedback

i think i will go with the steeda, it’s not a full blown race car so i would like to keep the sway bar
Great choice - we designed ours to work with the hellion kits, so you are in good hands!

TJ

Sponsored

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’ve installed both. I have the Steeda road race version (love it) on my car and put the BMR drag version on another car. The BMR owner has a Hellhorse mid twin turbo kit coming and I’ll be putting that in as well so we will see how that goes. Per Steeda, I was told the only difference between their road race and drag version is extra gusset strengthening and the rear crossbar for lateral strength. Both Steeda types have provisions for a front sway bar but the BMR one does not which you may not care about being a drag car. The BMR owner here still drives on street with no adverse handling effects but has other upgraded suspension. Other factors that may concern you is that the Steeda k-members can still use oem motor mounts among other aftermarket setups and the BMR one comes with their own style of mounts that allow you to keep stock height or lower some. The BMR mounts will increase NVH as they are a higher density. Any other questions, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Mine....

His.....
This post alone sold me

Mine....

His.....
This post alone sold me. Idk what the cyber Monday pricing was but I believe I missed out.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads