bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I like our cartoon cars! Maybe it is because I played with so many HotWheel cars when I was a kid. I was at the Porsche dealer Saturday looking around to see if there was anything I wanted more than my Mach 1, I saw some awesome cars, but nothing I wanted more than the Mach 1, even though they cost 5 times as much!
So your dealer didn't have a 992 GT3 then ?
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It’s Ford. Not Porsche. I’ll leave it at that. Just align your expectations accordingly and you won’t be disappointed.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s Ford. Not Porsche. I’ll leave it at that. Just align your expectations accordingly and you won’t be disappointed.
It's worse than a Ford my Fiesta has less build quality issues than my Mustang.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
In other words, if you're expectations aren't high you probably won't be disappointed.

Sponsored

JacksonvilleBill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 M1672
So your dealer didn't have a 992 GT3 then ?
They did, price was $329, MSRP plus huge admin.
I had an allocation for one but declined on it.
I owned an 18 GT3 (picture below), super good car and fun to drive, but I wouldn't trade it back for my Mach 1

gt3-1.JPG

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
wow, thats says alot,,, not sure what though, LOL. Kidding.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I owned an 18 GT3 (picture below), super good car and fun to drive, but I wouldn't trade it back for my Mach 1
So you like the Mach 1 better than a GT3 ? Why ?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

JacksonvilleBill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 M1672
So you like the Mach 1 better than a GT3 ? Why ?
I have owned approx 25 mustangs, I have a connection with them that is hard to describe. When my sons were young we would go on milk runs and any excuse just to go for a drive in them. It just feels right for me to be in a Mustang. The one main thing I like better than all the Porsches I have owned is the v8 sound that all of my mustangs from classic to modern have had, even the GT3 screaming at high revs during exceleration doesn't sound as good.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the Fiesta is build in Spain.
The FIesta base ST is definitely nicer inside than the base Mustang GT interior in my 2017 PP1. Everything is better. The plastics, the size of the screen, the stereo speakers, steering wheel covering, seat covers... Not sure why Ford did it that way. But I do like that with the Mustang the money is in the powertrain. And the ergonomics of the Mustang are a lot better if you are over 6 feet.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Interesting take OP... good write up & thanks for sharing!
Everybody's Seat-O-The-Pants meter is different. My Seat-O-The-Pants meter has the 718 handling better than my Shelby. I also feel as though turning at slow speeds still feels better in the 718... maybe due to the mid-engine weight distribution and the lightness of the vehicle.
But like I said, everyone's Seat-O-The-Pants meter is different.
Is there anything you can share that you enjoy more about the Shelby?

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Let us know how the 718 GT4 is when you get it. It's in my shopping list as well. Think any Porsche is much more car than the Mustang out of the gate. Though the Mustang has much more aftermarket support and should be a lot cheaper to maintain / drive. A friend of mine have a 2010 Cayman S and it's handling amazingly didn't drove it yet though. On the track from time to time there is a 718 Cayman GT4 race car and on the straight the Mustang is as fast as it but on the corners with the slicks and light weight that car fly. The track in question is 3 km track and the fastest time of that Cayman is 18 seconds faster than the fastest time of the Mustang.
I neglected to update until now. I ordered the car about a year ago now and took delivery of it in November. I currently have over 7,000 miles on it and loved every moment behind the wheel so far.

I do miss the seemingly unlimited amount of power in the mustang (supercharged) but by in large I couldn’t ever actually use it anyways.

I miss the Mustang sometimes, but forget all about it when I take my first hard turns of the day in the Porsche.
191B2CFD-747A-4123-97D2-52C6BD8AD1F3.jpeg

JalxLuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Some good points on here in my search for who has made or considered the switch and why after having owned/driven the glorious flat plane crank V8. It all comes down to what you're using it for. To drive around mostly around town and canyon runs with the very occasional track day the Shelby works out perfectly. But if you're starting to plan multiple track days per month and you're content with your daily to serve the rest, the GT350 consumables are undeniably higher these days.

Last edited:

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I'm a long time P car owner, and LOVE the Marque. Will never sell my mid year.

That said, when I was car shopping for a replacement for my E36 M3, I strongly considered a Cayman or 911. For the same out the door price, I was looking at a 2-5 year old Cayman S and 10+ year old 911 for the same as my Bullitt. Add cost to insure, maintain, repair, and it was a NO brainer given how close I am to retirement and fixed income.

If I was in my 30's, and making what I am now, I'd be in a Targa 4S, but for a 3 season GT drive anywhere sports coupe, the Mustang is hard to beat, especially the Bullitt or Mach 1. The $80K saved will be well invested in my retirement garage/man cave setup...... Lift, Bar, TV, etc...... YMMV..........

I'm on the hunt for a 76-82 targa 911 as a project car for retirement, though a Boxter is also a possibility.

Here is my P car. Dream car, and all time favorite.......
closeup.jpg
Sponsored