Sponsored

Comparing Ford ESP extended warranties - BaseCare vs ExtraCare vs PremiumCare

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thanks for taking your time out in putting together a valuable information package!
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If you don't mind me asking, what package did you purchase?
I went for the 5 yr/36K option. My play cars typically don't get over 4K miles per year put on them.

OP
OP
mnm4ever

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
Reviving a very old thread of my own... figured it might help someone else. I posted this a cpl years ago when I was looking at extended warranties for my daughters car, at the time I had decided not to buy the warranty for my Mustang. I figured with such low miles I would be fine.

At barely 20k miles and 5 yrs old, my AC compressor died. Ended up being a $1500 repair. If I had even just gotten the BaseCare warranty it would have been covered. The BaseCare would have been about $600 from Flood Ford. So I learned a valuable lesson... I was never an extended warranty guy, but now I wish I had gotten it.

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Reviving a very old thread of my own... figured it might help someone else. I posted this a cpl years ago when I was looking at extended warranties for my daughters car, at the time I had decided not to buy the warranty for my Mustang. I figured with such low miles I would be fine.

At barely 20k miles and 5 yrs old, my AC compressor died. Ended up being a $1500 repair. If I had even just gotten the BaseCare warranty it would have been covered. The BaseCare would have been about $600 from Flood Ford. So I learned a valuable lesson... I was never an extended warranty guy, but now I wish I had gotten it.
To revive it again, mine more than paid for itself on my 2012 superduty, is close on my 18 Raptor and I still have 4 years and 65k miles left and trying to decide on which for my 19 GT350R. I usually always go premium care because of all the electronics etc, but am working to decide between premium and extracare.
Sponsored