Sponsored

Compairing the 2015 EcoBoost to the 2010 GT

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
So just want to say this thread is not a my car is better then your car or anything like that. Im simply just wanting to start a conversation about the technology of todays cars and how far they have come. Also since both cars have basically the same factory horsepower and torque numbers from the factory its a good comparison for a which engine would respond better to mods question really. 2010 4.6 GT 315hp and 325 tq stock and the 2015 2.3T being 310hp and 320tq stock.. For more technical specs 4.6 manual came 5 speed with 355 gears and weighed 3,533lbs were for example my Performance Pack 2.3T came with 6 speed manual 355 gears and weighs 3,524lbs So for me i think the 2.3 Turbo has the biggest advantage for making big power for alot less money. As far as engines goes.. Just a tune no other mods and the Turbo gains huge power numbers over the 4.6 N/A engine. The IRS in the 2015 is amazing. The interior in the 2015 is amazing in my eyes. But i will also add i remember back in 2009 when the 10's came out i remember seeing a Grabber blue GT and fell in love with it!! It was the first Mustang i actually liked and almost bought one. But Interior was the reason i dint pull the trigger. Anyway so comparing the 2 different mustang platforms with their similar stock power numbers which one do you guys think would be easier to turn into a beast for the least amount of money? and what one has the most potential? Their both Mustangs but there so different in so many ways seems like a fun comparison..Not only do you have the suspension comparison Solid axle vs IRS but you have the design comparison and engine the new 2.3T vs the 4.6 v8.. So what platform would YOU pick?:cheers:
Sponsored

bay584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
I would pick MLA or APA. I seriously got lost reading that behemoth! Haha

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Perfect If you had them both which one do you like better? Did you trade your 2010 for the EcoBoost?
No; I had the 2010 GT with all the whistles and bells which was cool but added weight which at the strip is bad...plus having all the available colors was fun, settled on a color and never changed it again, lol.

I did so much to the 2010 that it can't be compared to the 2015 plus the 6R80 is light years ahead of the 5R555.

I sold the 2010 and purchased a 2013 GT, base, automatic and put the On3 TT on it and hated it; the car got great gas mileage as long as you kept out of boost-duh- but at the strip it was impossible to build boost at the line without a lot more money and parts, went 11.1@130, so I took it off and sold it and did a NA build with the LT's, ORX, CJ intake, tb and CAI and went 11.2@121.

I can say the 2015 is a much different car than either the 2010/2013 based on the engine, interior and the rear end; not sure if you can even compare them they are that different.

I am looking to get to 350/450 out of the EB and call it good, that will make the EB a fun street/light to light car.

Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
New vs used car debate in many ways. A 2015 has a warranty, but you will be jeopardizing it from modifications, and if you void you've then paid for something you can't use.

if you mostly want to drag race it's easier to get a used car with a live axle.

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Concur with the live axle....I never had issues with them but I think that is because I was used to them.

OP
OP
TheZman

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New vs used car debate in many ways. A 2015 has a warranty, but you will be jeopardizing it from modifications, and if you void you've then paid for something you can't use.

if you mostly want to drag race it's easier to get a used car with a live axle.
I know but i mean compare both cars in brand new form.. Car to car.. this is not for which one should i buy conversation.. Comparing Style, Power,Suspension,Interior,mps's and tunabilty as if they were both brand new. Platform comparison..

OP
OP
TheZman

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No; I had the 2010 GT with all the whistles and bells which was cool but added weight which at the strip is bad...plus having all the available colors was fun, settled on a color and never changed it again, lol.

I did so much to the 2010 that it can't be compared to the 2015 plus the 6R80 is light years ahead of the 5R555.

I sold the 2010 and purchased a 2013 GT, base, automatic and put the On3 TT on it and hated it; the car got great gas mileage as long as you kept out of boost-duh- but at the strip it was impossible to build boost at the line without a lot more money and parts, went 11.1@130, so I took it off and sold it and did a NA build with the LT's, ORX, CJ intake, tb and CAI and went 11.2@121.

I can say the 2015 is a much different car than either the 2010/2013 based on the engine, interior and the rear end; not sure if you can even compare them they are that different.

I am looking to get to 350/450 out of the EB and call it good, that will make the EB a fun street/light to light car.
350hp and 450tq is would id be happy with as well especially with my 6 speed manual with Performance Pack.. as mine is going to be just a cruising street car as well. I figure give or take a few those would be good numbers for the street on a 3,500lbs car..

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I had a 2010 GT which I loved and still miss. If I was looking at both as if they were my choice in current time, I'd go straight to V8 car. I love the sound too much. It's a big part of why I enjoyed my 2010. No disrespect to the new technology and its potential because it's definitely there.

Sponsored

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
Sure, HP and weight are very similar. But, with the weight saved going to a 4 cylinder, and putting that weight at the rear of the car with the IRS and the handling characteristics aren't even comparable. I haven't even mentioned braking ability. How about price? What was a fully loaded 2010 GT compared to a 2015 fully loaded EB?

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Well...since I bought a fully loaded 2010 when they 11's were coming out yes, it was comparable in price to the 2015 EB PP auto I bought.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I mean... overall, the Ecoboost is a much better car.. there's not really any doubting that.