Sponsored

Comp Orange Shelby Build - Frankenstang

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I might call Comp or L&M just to get some ideas. I could see myself doing something like this realistically in maybe a year or two but not this year.
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Ported heads stock cams and ITBs!!

For the love of god when is someone going to put ITBs on such a deserving engine!!??

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats not the point but ok.

I hate the NA vs. FI cost argument.

Are you swinging for any hp, or track or dyno records?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thats not the point but ok.

I hate the NA vs. FI cost argument.

Are you swinging for any hp, or track or dyno records?
While I can understand that it's not the point, on a practical side, it kinda is because it's just not happening. Now to be fair, I have HEARD Borla's ITB's for the Coyote also fit the Voodoo but I can't be 100% sure. And I also hate the NA vs FI cost argument as well but from a business perspective, I understand the practicality. I mean, I am talking about porting heads and cam swaps here.

If the business return isn't there, it's probably not going to happen. I've beaten the ITB drum before and actually I'm surprised it DIDN'T happen much less happen frequently. And now Whipple GT350's are becoming dare I say a dime a dozen.

I'd like to have 500+ RWHP on gasoline without replacing headers and going high flow or no cats. As for now, this seems to be asking for quite a bit.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
L&M got back to me super fast. So there are plans for cam grinding for the GT350 however the company that L&M contracts to get the cores hasn't come through yet and they haven't provided a reliable delivery date.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I can understand that it's not the point, on a practical side, it kinda is because it's just not happening. Now to be fair, I have HEARD Borla's ITB's for the Coyote also fit the Voodoo but I can't be 100% sure. And I also hate the NA vs FI cost argument as well but from a business perspective, I understand the practicality. I mean, I am talking about porting heads and cam swaps here.

If the business return isn't there, it's probably not going to happen. I've beaten the ITB drum before and actually I'm surprised it DIDN'T happen much less happen frequently. And now Whipple GT350's are becoming dare I say a dime a dozen.

I'd like to have 500+ RWHP on gasoline without replacing headers and going high flow or no cats. As for now, this seems to be asking for quite a bit.

Totaled my 2016 5.0 with a CJ setup on it. 8k rpm is stupid addicting i cant imagine it being in a GT350.

Im so torn right now on ordering a lebanon ford 800hp package with the 10 speed or buying a used GT350. There are quite a few available for 45k Ill fly anywhere CONUS to get one.

Its either 800hp whipple lebanon car or a GT350. 6/7k down and an airline ticket is the plan right now.

I realize the whipple car would be way faster and id do a 10 speed but itll never be a GT350.

So hard to decide right now.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
GT350's with a Lund or VMP tune are no slouches either and they raise the torque down low to prevent that torque dip at 3000 RPM. I think the GT500 is interesting but the more time goes on, the more and more I feel like this could end up being a life'r car for me or at least having it for a long time.

EDIT: if I do it's because I want to ring this engine out. 600+ crank or bust. Well...hopefully it doesn't bust.

Last edited:

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless the GT500 has something exotic like a DCT trans and some other options besides mag ride LCD dash and blower I think its going to be too late to the game and not all that impressive IMO.

I think GT350 with boost is the best option.

Sponsored

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Not sure if anyone is aware but JE Pistons makes forged Pistons with a 12.5 to 1 compression ratio. Nothing like adding to the potential of a NA monster voodoo.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if anyone is aware but JE Pistons makes forged Pistons with a 12.5 to 1 compression ratio. Nothing like adding to the potential of a NA monster voodoo.
RGR/JPC and MMR go past 13:1 if you ask for them.

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Depends on fuel and tuning! :like:

Several Ferrari models are 12.5:1 on pump gas out of the box.
Soooo what would you recommend on e85? And would sleeving the block and more forged internals have anything to do with it?
Sponsored