Sponsored

Coming from MOPAR to Mustang. Too much of a sports car???

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
How's that? Both cars cost us roughly the same amount to insure.
I legitimately have no idea. I'd have thought the family hauler would've been cheaper or at least comparable. But it was 2x more a month, maybe more.
Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Oh and it looks like you are getting her properly dirty too! notagaragequeen ;-)
Never heard of him. But he sounds very smart and handsome.
Can't tell if your car is black or Anti Matter Blue. It looks pretty clean to me, though. I feel that part of owning a Mustang, is the whole "Iconic" thing about them. Everybody knows what they are, knows someone who has had one, or owned one themselves. This is my 2nd. Had a 1969 Mach 1 when I was 17. Wish I still had it, it was very cool. Love my new one.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Hello everyone. I am a newbie here (Just picked up a 2021 Mustang GT Premium after getting sick of waiting for a special order Charger to start production) and just wanted to say how blown away I am by the new Mustangs handling.

I previously owned a 2009 Mustang GT with solid rear axle and I cannot believe the difference. I loved the 2009 but I had to trade it in just a few months after buying it because we adopted our sons and the car seat would not fit in the back. Now that they are 17 and 23 that is not an issue.

Am I crazy or does this new model seem like a German precision sports car compared to the older models? I might be exaggerating the difference in my head since it has been 12 years between cars, but I am just floored by how it handles the winding river roads I live out (Live in PNW). Even in the rain it stays well planted. The magneride suspension really kept it level too.

I know some people complain that it is now too much of a sports car and not enough of a muscle car (and I was a bit worried about that when I bought it) but the way it tears up the straights and still pulls hard through corners as well makes me feel like it is the best of both worlds. I am starting to think I made the right decision getting the Mustang over the Scat Pack Widebody.

Anyone else in here come over to the Mustang from MOPAR? Regret your decision?

C381A95F-A0E6-4EAF-8ECB-630EC68B6D0A.jpg
If you love how well this handles you should try a Camaro!

;)

Kidding.... (but not)... yah the Mustang is considered the "Grand Touring" of the three, with the Charger/Challenger being straight line and the Camaro being the better track car. I went 50 hours in 7 days recently and enjoyed it very much, the road trip. Great choice.

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
If you love how well this handles you should try a Camaro!

;)

Kidding.... (but not)... yah the Mustang is considered the "Grand Touring" of the three, with the Charger/Challenger being straight line and the Camaro being the better track car. I went 50 hours in 7 days recently and enjoyed it very much, the road trip. Great choice.
I seriously considered a Camaro 2SS or even a ZL1 but I do not track my cars and something about the interiors just bugs me. Might be my next car though.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I seriously considered a Camaro 2SS or even a ZL1 but I do not track my cars and something about the interiors just bugs me. Might be my next car though.
Me as well... friend has had a 5th and 6th gen. I am no comfortable with the interior at all... and very difficult to see out of. The dash layout... I just couldn't be sitting in front of that and feeling happy with my purchase, it bothered me that much, and I can't even really explain why.

5.Slow.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 3
I made the switch from a 15' 5.0 to an 18' Challenger RT and oh man lol. I was back at the dealership not even a week later to pick up an 18' 5.0 lol. The difference is crazy. My personal opinion is the RT's are trash. Can't speak on the scat pack nor hellcat but pony for life.

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
I'll say it again. Before anyone ends their love for dodge muscle because the challenger was squishy. . try out the charger. Totes different performance. Being said. I enjoy driving the scat charger and GT '19 on the same roads for different reasons. If I want to scare the car next to me, drive the charger, if I want tight handling on turns, drive the gt. 😃

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
It was noticeable to me how well the car handles, and that's in comparison with my previous 02 Corvette Z06 and no magnaride. It is so well planted around corners its fantastic. The vette's back end was always coming out and felt like it was on a pocket of air at high speeds. I also had a 05 Mustang...no comparison to the S550

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Congrats on your new 'Stang. I don't think the Mustang GT is too much sports car because it does the straight line thing really well, too, and it's comfortable, esp. w/ MagneRide. I had a 2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1 w/ MagneRide and A10 for 2.5 years and loved that car. It handled really well, accelerated quickly, was nice and comfortable, and looked awesome. Then I test drove a '21 ZL1, and well, as you can see in my avatar, I have a '21 Camaro ZL1 now (it's that good) and sold the Mustang. But yeah, if I was forced to sell my Camaro for some reason and couldn't replace it with another ZL1, I'd go back to the Mustang (a GT500 this time around because the ZL1 has spoiled me) over a Challenger or Charger Hellcat.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I looked at the Dodge cars Challenger and charger, the SS2 camaro and the Mustang.
Best part of all this, is all 4 are going after different buyers, instead of them all hunting for the same limited pool of buyers.
Lets face it, most of todays performance cars limits are much higher than the drivers skill set.
Wife hated the Camaro she is 5'0" , she loved the way it got after it, but not the seating . The Dodges we both liked but She liked the Mustang more, it didn't seem as big. (her words) . honestly I think the test drive in the demon scared the crap out of her, when she drove it. She said it was like it wanted to push you into the back seat, then put you in a ditch, No wonder they named it demon.
Not lost on me is the fact she always wanted a 68 Mustang. And even though this is my toy, she'll drive it from time to time.
I may when the time comes to replace my jeep G/C get the awd dodge for the daily/winter car

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I'll say it again. Before anyone ends their love for dodge muscle because the challenger was squishy. . try out the charger. Totes different performance. Being said. I enjoy driving the scat charger and GT '19 on the same roads for different reasons. If I want to scare the car next to me, drive the charger, if I want tight handling on turns, drive the gt. 😃
Charger??????????
.....Riiiiight!! A 4 door muscle car??????????

Isn't gonna happen....................:crazy:

Sold this and bought the '21 GT...........

IMG_0353.JPG

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I had considered a Charger before I ended up with my Mustang. Insurance is ultimately what convinced me to not do the Charger lol
They get stolen ask me how I know😳
Sponsored