Sponsored

Coming from 3 Dodges to a 5.0

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I'm not a Challenger fan usually but the widebody is a damn good looking car. One of the kids at my work got a widebody Scat Pack Challenger in destroyer gray, looks amazing
Sponsored

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
congrats OP. I myself swapped over from GM a few years ago. Recently i was looking at the possibility of trying out a scat challenger however there were a few things i didnt like and stuck with the mustang. The size of the car was noticeable, the thing did feel like a boat and didnt seem to handle all that well, more a straight line only deal. The interior space was nice though i will admit that, however ive grown accustomed to the mustang interior and actually prefer the design better. Both cars however are leap years ahead of the god awful camaro interior. The car was nice and did have low end grunt but i could feel it fall off in the mid to upper range where the 5.0 takes over. In the end, a GT with the ten speed and 3.55 gears is faster and i went back to that, also couldnt bear to associate myself with the splitter guard crowd. I will say though if the aftermarket was better for the dodges and the cars got some more midrange to upper range grunt it would have been a contender for me. Good luck on your car, some basic things, yes they tick, no its not a problem despite what some people think lol, you asked about mymode, there is a page that lets you clear the mymode by basically setting a new my mode, which then will allow you to push the toggle switch once and it will set everything how you wanted it, most of us use it as a shortcut to the exhaust modes if you went for active exhaust. First mods id advise some basics, catch can, basic suspension such as lowering and IRS cradle lockout, then from there just get a feel for the car and how it performs. On 2018 and up "cai" is useless so just avoid em and get a basic dry flow filter.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Congrats on the new pony. Get it broke in and enjoy the revs. The only question I have is how does a model year 2019 high performance car get stolen without a key or tow truck?

Chente04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Congrats OP, I myself came from a 2017 Challenger T/A 392. I do miss that low end torque or how the 6.4 would shake the front end a bit at idle. Traction was the biggest issue, that and replacement costs for pads and rotors on the bigger 6 piston brembos!

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
congrats OP. I myself swapped over from GM a few years ago. Recently i was looking at the possibility of trying out a scat challenger however there were a few things i didnt like and stuck with the mustang. The size of the car was noticeable, the thing did feel like a boat and didnt seem to handle all that well, more a straight line only deal. The interior space was nice though i will admit that, however ive grown accustomed to the mustang interior and actually prefer the design better. Both cars however are leap years ahead of the god awful camaro interior. The car was nice and did have low end grunt but i could feel it fall off in the mid to upper range where the 5.0 takes over. In the end, a GT with the ten speed and 3.55 gears is faster and i went back to that, also couldnt bear to associate myself with the splitter guard crowd. I will say though if the aftermarket was better for the dodges and the cars got some more midrange to upper range grunt it would have been a contender for me. Good luck on your car, some basic things, yes they tick, no its not a problem despite what some people think lol, you asked about mymode, there is a page that lets you clear the mymode by basically setting a new my mode, which then will allow you to push the toggle switch once and it will set everything how you wanted it, most of us use it as a shortcut to the exhaust modes if you went for active exhaust. First mods id advise some basics, catch can, basic suspension such as lowering and IRS cradle lockout, then from there just get a feel for the car and how it performs. On 2018 and up "cai" is useless so just avoid em and get a basic dry flow filter.
no active exhaust, considering MBRP Race or AWE Track. might lower it not sure yet... read about coil overs but haven’t missed a car in YEARS!

Congrats on the new pony. Get it broke in and enjoy the revs. The only question I have is how does a model year 2019 high performance car get stolen without a key or tow truck?
that I don’t know I think the u connect it’s easy to re program keys!

Congrats OP, I myself came from a 2017 Challenger T/A 392. I do miss that low end torque or how the 6.4 would shake the front end a bit at idle. Traction was the biggest issue, that and replacement costs for pads and rotors on the bigger 6 piston brembos!
yeah I hope I enjoy this mustang!

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
2019 GT PP1 MT82 here

One of my good friends had a 2018 392 Charger and traded it on a 2019 Hellcat Charger. I’ve driven both.

This may seem weird to you Mopar guys but I felt the 392 drove better. It’s hard to explain but when I drive the Hellcat it feels like I’m sitting higher up and not quite as planted. Could be all a weird illusion though. Neither car had any suspension work on them. Maybe it’s because my car is lowered and rides stiffer?

The Hellcat felt “floaty”. If that makes sense.

We raced three times when he had the 392 and I got him once off the line (which shocked me when I pulled ahead and was able to gap him a bit) and the other two times were from a roll and he got me once and I got him the other time.

I won’t waste my gas and effort in lining up vs the Hellcat lol

I’ve tried to convince my girlfriend to get a 392 so I can drive it.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Honestly, you might have the Hellcat on the street. It really has a hard time hooking up. I choose the 392 over the HC because I wanted to be able to drive the damn thing.
good point.

I’ve tried to convince him to put some suspension stuff on there but he’s yet to make the leap. Even though he always talks about how poor his traction is.

On the Mustang I knew I needed to focus on the suspension first before doing anything else. Makes no sense to have all the power and no way to keep the wheels on the ground.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Mechanically, I cannot comment, having never driven a Dodge (nor a Mustang GT for that matter). But what matters a lot to me in a car is its interior. And while the Mustang's interior is one of a kind, really special in every way, you can't mistake it for anything else, a Dodge's interior looks like a Kia to me.
Show someone interior pictures of a hundred different cars, and they will be able to spot the Mustang among them in an eyeblink. Show them the interior of a Dodge among a dozen Korean cheapos, and they won't know which one is which.
The exterior is another matter, though. I love the Challenger's exterior looks, especially the front.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
When i sat in a Challenger and Charger the 1st thing I realized is how oversized they are. Its like a 200lb man trying to put on a 400lb man’s clothes.. When I jump in a mustang it fits like a gun in its holster. When you get I get in a Camaro its the opposite. Its like putting on a pair of shoes that are 2 sizes smaller then your foot. The dash takes up all the space from your nose and below. The mustang out sells them both because It just simply fits. It always has, and always will!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I love the retro styling of the Challenger, it reminds me of the 1970 440 6 pack I used to own. I just wish it weighed about 800 lbs less.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I love the retro styling of the Challenger, it reminds me of the 1970 440 6 pack I used to own. I just wish it weighed about 800 lbs less.
Can start removing the seats and all interior pieces lol...

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Same here.

I leased a 2017 Challenger R/T after looking at it while we bought a Pacifica van. Always liked the retro look, and the color was not common, really, really liked the car. It was an experiment to see how I liked having a 4th car, with a 2 car garage, and storing a car during our MI winters. Turned it in last September and bought a Mustang the next month as I missed having the fun summer vehicle, and always wanted a Mustang.

The Dodge was more comfortable than the Mustang, but the Mustang is much more a of a sports car with the low profile, handling and about 100 more HP. I love driving these cars up to our cottage, can't do it often as the family almost always goes, but fun just having it up by the lake for some reason. My life's 2 pride and joys (non-human) combined I guess.
Dodge.jpg

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Same here.

I leased a 2017 Challenger R/T after looking at it while we bought a Pacifica van. Always liked the retro look, and the color was not common, really, really liked the car. It was an experiment to see how I liked having a 4th car, with a 2 car garage, and storing a car during our MI winters. Turned it in last September and bought a Mustang the next month as I missed having the fun summer vehicle, and always wanted a Mustang.

The Dodge was more comfortable than the Mustang, but the Mustang is much more a of a sports car with the low profile, handling and about 100 more HP. I love driving these cars up to our cottage, can't do it often as the family almost always goes, but fun just having it up by the lake for some reason. My life's 2 pride and joys (non-human) combined I guess.
Dodge.jpg
You brought the wrong challenger... I brought the R/T also totally different car than the 392s I have probably like how the Hellcats differ also.

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
My previous car before the 16 GT was a 15 Scat Pack 6spd... it was a great car.. zero issues with it when I traded it in with 96k. It was stock outside of some mufflers.

going go the GT, it took some adjusting with the interior being far smaller. The dash is so much shorter and your face is a lot closer to the windshield ... took about a week to get used to it..

I’m liking it so far.. I’m a Dodge guy at heart but I’ve owned several mustangs through the years.

I’ll fully agree with being different animals.. Dodge having lots of low end torque road like a boat.. the Mustang is nimble and rev happy... I liked how the radio controls were in the back of the wheel of the dodge.. and the dodge radio was better in layout but that’s a minor complaint I guess..

I cant say the aftermarket parts are any cheaper lol. There’s more variety though which is a plus.

It was a fun car but it was time to move on..

44A6DF3E-D1E5-4F45-AB86-66728E2BE40E.jpeg

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I’m a Mopar guy at heart too (see avatar pic) but I’m also on my third bought-new Mustang GT.

Each of these cars has their own personality and strengths/weaknesses. The particular balance of speed, looks, practicality, price of the Mustang keeps bringing me back.

My pops has a Scatpack A8 Challenger and it’s not even close. My 2020 Mustang 6spd/3.55 can’t keep up anywhere. We’ll see how they compare after the 4.09 install...

I love that Challenger and I jump at any chance to drive it. It’s a big, friendly monster that goes like hell.
Sponsored