Sponsored

Colorado Cars

Colorancher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 03 XKR, 15 RAM 2500
Hello all! Any recommendations for a track prep shop? I’m looking for someone to install suspension modifications and do alignments. I’d rather have someone who understands the track. Thanks!

Eric
Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Quick question to those around Denver to get some opinions on a few minor items I may be looking into shortly... Mainly, just need good places to go or if I should really carve out more time myself.

1. Dash cam installation. Hiding the wires, proper front/back cam placements, et cetera - It can be easily done at home but for a fairly decent price, I'd rather save me the time and hassle. Anyone have this done anywhere locally they'd recommend? Or have done it themselves and may want to help me save some time for a bit of cash or such?
2. Same rough thing as above but for cell phone mount. I know the SYNC 3 is nice and all, however I am 24/7 on call for my job and that's not just 'calls'... Chats and emails don't hit my SYNC 3 or give me notifications to pull over and check them out, so leaving the cell in the center console isn't too viable. Don't want to lose SYNC 3 and just use bluetooth, so that means putting a mount with a cable above center gauges or above steering wheel (both out of view obstruction). And before anyone thinks I'm driving around texting and or emailing, it's more so I can see if I get 10 chats in a short period of time, I can pull over somewhere and review. I don't text and drive in any way...
3. Ceramic paint coating. Anyone know of a good local shop to Denver and surrounding for this? Going to be doing this and a few other preventative maintenance items, hopefully very soon.
4. Recommended places for regular maintenance, thorough cleanings (engine bay, underside, so forth), and other common tasks. Obviously, I can take it to the Ford dealer I purchased from but just wanting to see what others in the area tend to do.

I'm honestly a newbie to Ford, little yet the Mustang line. I've also never modified my previous/other cars besides internal nice-to-have items, so this is a new adventure for me. Hoping to learn a lot on this forum and hopefully network, make some new friends/contacts, head to some events/shows, et cetera. Eventually, I hope to start a bigger 'project car' with the misses.

Sorry for being an idiot/clueless (new, if you're being fair) about both cars, Mustangs and being so green.
No recommendations for 1, 2 and 4 but check out Colorado Clear Bra in Arvada for the ceramic coating. I had them wrap hood and bumper with Suntek and install stripes. Very happy with results and would assume they do equally quality work on coatings.

PPS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Oxford White, Performance Package
Hello everyone, I'm getting ready to make the move from Arkansas to the Denver CO area. I have a 2015 Mustang GT PP with a Steeda CAI, Roush axle backs, Magnaflow H-pipe and a Bama 93 tune via SCT X4. I know I will lose power going from Arkansas to Denver. The question is can I do anything about it. I am NA and want to stay that way. Short of FI what can I do to keep the power up? What are others impressions of the 5.0 at higher elevations? Is power output that bad?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Hello everyone, I'm getting ready to make the move from Arkansas to the Denver CO area. I have a 2015 Mustang GT PP with a Steeda CAI, Roush axle backs, Magnaflow H-pipe and a Bama 93 tune via SCT X4. I know I will lose power going from Arkansas to Denver. The question is can I do anything about it. I am NA and want to stay that way. Short of FI what can I do to keep the power up? What are others impressions of the 5.0 at higher elevations? Is power output that bad?
You'll certainly know the difference! I'm planning on FI as soon as I save up my allowance :D

Haven't tried this myself, but could try and E85 tune? They supposedly make good power, though you'll never fully rid of the oxygen deficiency without FI, though. You can just keep modding to make up for it (headers, cams, intake, etc), but you'll always be at a lower hp at elevation than at sea level. The sacrifices we make...:cheers:

PPS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Oxford White, Performance Package
Thanks man. Looks like I may have to look a bit harder at Procharger. It's a lot of money but then again 3% HP loss per 1000'... SUCKS!

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Thanks man. Looks like I may have to look a bit harder at Procharger. It's a lot of money but then again 3% HP loss per 1000'... SUCKS!
Yeah I think the difference would be huge with FI due to the elevation losses! I've heard/read ~20-22% loss for NA engines around here (Springs is a little higher; my house is at 7,000 ft). You can also bump the pressure more due to the difference, so as to balance it out even more. For instance, a normal Procharger kit might make 8 psi (relative above zero elevation air pressure) stock, but you can get away with putting on a smaller pulley and bumping to 11 or 12 psi and effectively cause the same pressure in the engine when up here in the clouds. :thumbsup: Kinda why I want to do a TT setup, just to be able to adjust and tune the pressure a little easier.

When I moved here from Indiana my V6 Fusion Sport became quite the dog. :frusty: Adding a cold air and Steeda tune helped get it back to its old self, but that's just a bandaid. My WRX DD is much more fun to drive ;)

Once we are done with our Fusion, I'm not buying any more NA cars (unless I plan to add FI like I'm going to do to my Mustangs) :thumbsup:

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
3R Racing is your best bet. Hanksville Hot Rods, and if you don't mind traveling a bit, SCR Performance all have very good reputations in the club and professional racing scene.

CrwdKlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for One!
Little late to the party, but I am full bolt on (2018 Manifold), SW LT, PMAS, MBRP and e85. I'm trapping 109 at Bandimere on all season tires right now. Not a whole lot you can do to make up for the power other than FI, but I'm happy with mine as-is. Check out Elite Performance and Tuning and ask for Brian. Tell him Brett sent you over and he'll hook it up. The density altitude is a killer out here, plan on 8-9000ft in the summer and if you're luck on a cool day you might be able to get it down to the high 5 to low 6000ft range. Everyone is slower up here so no worries.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hi Colorado owners. I'm hoping someone can help me with finding a decent, mod-friendly dealership here. All I have is a cat-back but I have plans for a little more. Given that I haven't had good experiences with warranty work at Larry Miller, O'Meara, Mike Naughton, and Groove Ford, I'm really running out of places to take the car to that I trust.. As such I haven't done any more mods for fear of having to deal with these dealerships that seem to have a hard time with simple issues, let alone a car with a couple of mods (like the power pack I want at the moment). If you know of a dealership with a good service department, please let me know.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Don't bother coming to COS - dealers here are actively looking for reasons not to honor the warranty. We're just SOL.

Reactions: XS

Sponsored

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2007 SPJ 302, 2019 Ranger
Hi Colorado owners. I'm hoping someone can help me with finding a decent, mod-friendly dealership here. All I have is a cat-back but I have plans for a little more. Given that I haven't had good experiences with warranty work at Larry Miller, O'Meara, Mike Naughton, and Groove Ford, I'm really running out of places to take the car to that I trust.. As such I haven't done any more mods for fear of having to deal with these dealerships that seem to have a hard time with simple issues, let alone a car with a couple of mods (like the power pack I want at the moment). If you know of a dealership with a good service department, please let me know.
Feel freet to reach out to me. I am in the internet department at AutoNation Ford in Littleton, and have a couple of specific guys in our shop that do great work. I send all of my former customers to these 2 guys. I used to own a Mustang performance shop in town, and have been bringing in my former customers, who are very happy I set these guys up to do this work, since my customers weren't too happy when I closed my shop.

Ed
970-986-6571

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Feel freet to reach out to me. I am in the internet department at AutoNation Ford in Littleton, and have a couple of specific guys in our shop that do great work. I send all of my former customers to these 2 guys. I used to own a Mustang performance shop in town, and have been bringing in my former customers, who are very happy I set these guys up to do this work, since my customers weren't too happy when I closed my shop.

Ed
970-986-6571
I'm going to keep you in mind if I ever need anything.