Exhaust help w/AWE Touring cat back

Tristan-SA1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Need some help with my exhaust system problems.
I currently have the AWE Touring cat back exhaust system installed on my 2020 Mustang GT.
The system’s fit and finish are amazing, but the noise levels during cold starts and inside the vehicle are more than I had anticipated. This is my DD and rolling through the gears it’s quite loud. I also reside in a small community. Some members of my community have mentioned the booming sound during cold starts.
Looking for some feedback regarding my options. I’m not very knowledgeable about how I could lower the decibel levels, so I am considering purchasing a new cat back exhaust system. If anyone has replacement recommendations, please let me know.
I appreciate the assistance. Thank you.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Need some help with my exhaust system problems.
I currently have the AWE Touring cat back exhaust system installed on my 2020 Mustang GT.
The system’s fit and finish are amazing, but the noise levels during cold starts and inside the vehicle are more than I had anticipated. This is my DD and rolling through the gears it’s quite loud. I also reside in a small community. Some members of my community have mentioned the booming sound during cold starts.
Looking for some feedback regarding my options. I’m not very knowledgeable about how I could lower the decibel levels, so I am considering purchasing a new cat back exhaust system. If anyone has replacement recommendations, please let me know.
I appreciate the assistance. Thank you.
If you have an option to park backed in and cold start with the garage door shut it does help alot. My setup is alot louder than what you have and it's pretty effective. Back when I had just a straight Corsa setup I added a pair of Vibrant 1794 between the double x and the mufflers and that helped some plus cleaned up the trumpety tone with the long tubes. Some tuners will reduce the duration of the loudest part of the cold start. I can also say cold starts on e85 are a good deal quieter than when running pump 91/93. So if e85 is available in your area not only will you benefit from the huge power increase it will also help some on the cold starts.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Start it with the garage door closed. That's what i do with my AWE exhaust. Neighbors haven't complained. I asked them if it bothered them and they both said no.

OP
OP

Tristan-SA1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
I am hopeful that the Borla resonator (#60661) can be installed as a direct replacement for the AWE h-pipe.

Can anyone provide their input/knowledge/opinion/experience regarding the above?

Thanks in advance.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I am hopeful that the Borla resonator (#60661) can be installed as a direct replacement for the AWE h-pipe.

Can anyone provide their input/knowledge/opinion/experience regarding the above?

Thanks in advance.
At worst a shop will have to do a slight fab job but shouldn't be too bad.

OP
OP

Tristan-SA1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
I have reached out to representatives from Borla and AWE to determine the dimensions of their respective h-pipes to determine compatibility. Nothing yet.

For maximum exposure, I’m posting the above here on the forums. If anyone can provide their feedback, I would be grateful.
Sponsored