Sponsored

Collision Assist Fault MY21.5 GT Coupe

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Googled Mustang Software Fault Stop Sale and couldn't find anything other than for the Mach-E but then my Google-fu may be lacking. I don't doubt it exists I just couldn't find anything.

Yes the link is to US market cars. It was just to generally highlight how many recalls are extant for all makes as the sheer number and prevalence was surprising.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Twister Orange 6M Ordered 2/Jan/2021
Just spent an hour Googling Around for V8 GT 2020+ Software Faults, everything was for the Mach-E, only thing found was the Forward Facing Camera fault from 2020.
Mustang Recall NHTSA 20V306000

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Was given the heads up from someone I trust in a dealership. I would copy and paste the info I received but don't want to betray the confidence. I'm told "it’s a software calibration issue. They’re still working on a solution."

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Just spent an hour Googling Around for V8 GT 2020+ Software Faults, everything was for the Mach-E, only thing found was the Forward Facing Camera fault from 2020.
Mustang Recall NHTSA 20V306000
Its a 2022, but it is also under wraps as an internal matter, as the cars are being held back pending a software fix.

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
Latest Update, nothing.
My car has been at the dealership for a month now.

No parts delivered this week, COVID and Flu issues with staff at Ford Melbourne Parts Centre.

What next....

Now driving a Hire Car courtesy of Ford Australia.
A high powered MG CORE.!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Excellent :frown:

Just think of the car control skills you'll gain by not slowing down for obstacles.

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
There was no update for Friday, still waiting on PCM.

PCM arrived and installed, Test Drive on Monday.
No change.

The circus continues, next trick is replace the Accelerator Pedal Assembly.
I have no idea how that is going to be affected by Engine Temperature.

Forgot, they did try disconnecting the Aircon, no change.

Heading to Fair Trading next week, will try for a new Replacement or Refund and Compensation.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
There was no update for Friday, still waiting on PCM.

PCM arrived and installed, Test Drive on Monday.
No change.

The circus continues, next trick is replace the Accelerator Pedal Assembly.
I have no idea how that is going to be affected by Engine Temperature.

Forgot, they did try disconnecting the Aircon, no change.

Heading to Fair Trading next week, will try for a new Replacement or Refund and Compensation.
I agree you should be hitting Ford up for a new Replacement.

However as this apparently only occurs when Turning, and when warm, I would repeat my earlier suggestion to look at the Diff - which could have an oversensitive Traction Control over responding to the difference in rear wheel speeds when turning or cornering, and when the Diff has warmed up. I know from experience, this can induce Limp Mode if faulty.

The collision Warning, which on mine does not trigger Limp Mode, could be just Correlation rather than Causation. Good luck - this must be redefining "Frustration" !!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
I agree you should be hitting Ford up for a new Replacement.

However as this apparently only occurs when Turning, and when warm, I would repeat my earlier suggestion to look at the Diff - which could have an oversensitive Traction Control over responding to the difference in rear wheel speeds when turning and when the Diff has warmed up. I know from experience, this can induce Limp Mode if faulty.

The collision Warning, which on mine does not trigger Limp Mode, could be just Correlation rather than Causation. Good luck - this must be redefining "Frustration" !!

Yesterday, just for a change, they test drove the car the way I asked them to.
Warm up the car BEFORE the test drive.
They were told to disconect the AirCon cables by Ford Engineers and check for fault codes.
The car was brought up to operating temperature.
Reverse out of workshop, then warm to the halfway point BEFORE they left the parking area, they didn't even make it to the street, 10 meters in a straight line, before all the fault codes appeared. Maximum speed 5kmh.

I would not be surprised if their next trick was to replace the wheel nuts, 1 at a time, 1 per week.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
They were told to disconect the AirCon cables by Ford Engineers and check for fault codes.
Reverse out of workshop, then warm to the halfway point BEFORE they left the parking area, they didn't even make it to the street, 10 meters in a straight line, before all the fault codes appeared. Maximum speed 5kmh.

I would not be surprised if their next trick was to replace the wheel nuts, 1 at a time, 1 per week.
Sorry, had to laugh at your last comment !

Of course - its the Dip Stick !

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, had to laugh at your last comment !

Of course - its the Dip Stick !
This sounds familiar and very similar to the Miedecke / Ambrose Mystery electronic Limp Mode gremlins in the 2022 Bathurst 6 Hr.

George Meidecke is a Ford Dealer, up your way (?) Pt Macquarie, so it could be worth contacting him.

"Marcos Ambrose and George Miedecke will miss the Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour this weekend after being unable to resolve electronic gremlins in their Ford Mustang.

The issue reared its head during the squad’s final pre-event test earlier this week, and with no fix being possible as yet, left them with no option but to withdraw on safety grounds.

“We’re a bit shattered. The car would ‘chuck a code’ into the system every now and then which would put the car in limp mode,” Miedecke explained.

“It wasn’t an issue that you could just fix by stopping the car on track and restarting things, it needed to be brought back to base.

“It’s a safety issue. It’s fine testing at Winton but if it happened coming out of McPhillamy Park, for example, at 200km/h then there’s a good chance we get drilled by another car which is not safe for us and for other competitors around us.

“To have something like this throw itself at us so close to the event is frustrating because everything else had been sorted.”

The blow comes after an extensive testing programme.

“The gearbox was a big tick, the engine? Tick. The safety? Tick. Handling? Tick. Everything was looking really good and it was definitely a step forward on the old car,” Miedecke added.

“It was going to be competitive and will be in the future."

“This is just one of those strange, unforeseen issues that crop up when you turn a road car into a race car, with all their modern technology. It’s a ghost in the system that we’ve not been able to find.

Ambrose, Miedecke forced out of Bathurst 6 Hour - Speedcafe

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

More here Deno MIEDECKE AND AMBROSE WITHDRAW FROM 6 HOUR - Auto Action

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Wheel nuts? Hmmm my coin is still on the dome light earth or floor mats. Hopefully for whatever reason it's the pedal and soon fixed.

It's a PITA to have one of 'those' problems. I'm sure the dealership is keen for it to go away also but the approach seems to be a bit like Groundhog Day.

Are they providing any detail around their apparently random selection of parts? If they really have nfi then IMHO it strengthens the case with Fair Trading next week. Ford might not admit as much but at some stage they'd have to accept that they just can't fix it ie if it walks and looks like a duck.... Having infinite repair attempts shouldn't be an option but the question of limitations is one for Fair Trading.

Might be worth hitting the dealer up to think one or two moves ahead with the engineers and order stuff in advance rather than how they're currently doing it eg if the accelerator pedal doesn't work then think of/order the next two things and get them moving now rather than the plodding approach they seem to be taking. Seems reasonable under the circumstances.
Sponsored