Collision Assist Fault MY21.5 GT Coupe

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Twister Orange 6M Ordered 2/Jan/2021
My new GT is fully run-in now, so I am driving it a bit harder, it has a Very, Very Annoying problem.

Anytime I drive it at Pace around a tight bend, or turn into a side road at Pace, the Collision Assist activates.
This puts the car into Limp Mode and I have to pull over, shut the engine down and lock the car to reset the fault.

I have set the Assist Mode to Minimum and it's still happening.

Some suggested Front Camera assembly.

Any other thoughts.?
Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
My new GT is fully run-in now, so I am driving it a bit harder, it has a Very, Very Annoying problem.

Anytime I drive it at Pace around a tight bend, or turn into a side road at Pace, the Collision Assist activates.
This puts the car into Limp Mode and I have to pull over, shut the engine down and lock the car to reset the fault.

I have set the Assist Mode to Minimum and it's still happening.

Some suggested Front Camera assembly.

Any other thoughts.?
Hi Dingo, My Collision Assist Alert Signal has an annoying tendency to trigger quite frequently, however luckily it does not induce Limp Mode, so I think I would be complaining to your Dealer about a FAULT !

Good luck.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Run it off?

LAMO: Hey Ford my collision assist pings when I go hard in turns, what do you think?

Ford, only happens in the corner? Sound like I need to test drive.

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
Booked in for a Code Check at my Local Dealer - 5th of May....

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE - Got a Code Check done a week ago, multiple codes across a variety of modules.
FORD Reset all Codes and Updated some Software, took it for a Test Drive, exactly the same.
Car has been parked in my garage for nearly a month now, undriveable.
Taking it back in again tomorrow for an overnight stay.
Ford needs to remove tailshaft and drop the gearbox to replace the "Park/Neutral Switch" assembly, yes apparently the 6 Speed Manual has this component.
Code Check suggested this part as 1st choice, then the Wiring Harness and then the PCM - Power Command Module.
Problem gets worse as the car warms up, can nearly drive it for 4-5 minutes very carefully before Limp Mode activates and you have to stop, lock and reset the car.
Wish me luck.

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE - Got a Code Check done a week ago, multiple codes across a variety of modules.
FORD Reset all Codes and Updated some Software, took it for a Test Drive, exactly the same.
Ford needs to remove tailshaft and drop the gearbox to replace the "Park/Neutral Switch" assembly, yes apparently the 6 Speed Manual has this component.
Code Check suggested this part as 1st choice, then the Wiring Harness and then the PCM - Power Command Module.
Problem gets worse as the car warms up, can nearly drive it for 4-5 minutes very carefully before Limp Mode activates and you have to stop, lock and reset the car.
Wish me luck.
Sorry to hear it is not going well. Have you tried with the Traction Control OFF ? About 15 years ago I was having a Limp Mode / Cutout issue with my XR8 and it turned out to be the Traction Control Sensors in the Diff ! Ended up with a new Diff and problem solved.

Good luck anyway !!

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear it is not going well. Have you tried with the Traction Control OFF ? About 15 years ago I was having a Limp Mode / Cutout issue with my XR8 and it turned out to be the Traction Control Sensors in the Diff ! Ended up with a new Diff and problem solved.

Good luck anyway !!
No, have not tried TC Off, have tried every Drive Mode including TRACK which is supposed to disable TC, LED does go off on the Dash Display.

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
Now it even comes on with a dip in the road.!!
As I said before, when cold I can nearly get 5 minutes of very gentle diving done , if I stay in the middle of the road, away from all parked cars, guard rails and oncoming traffic and stay under 40kmh. Not what you really want to do.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
No, have not tried TC Off, have tried every Drive Mode including TRACK which is supposed to disable TC, LED does go off on the Dash Display.
I am not suggesting this is your problem, however it could be worth a look at the other end of the car, and the Diff / Traction Control also initiates Limp Mode -and if faulty can be a nightmare as I discovered, and you have described.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Wish me luck.
That is a bummer, but that is the awful truth of all the gee-wizz crap. The industry builds in the name of convenience, and many fools want more of it.

The process that Ford is taking is exactly the way computers are managed. Last part in the first part out/change, working their way upstream.

So get ready is could take a few trips.
Sponsored