Coilovers

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hey

I have started a group buy for pedders coilovers, did anyone want me to look into pricing for a different brand, I am certain that I should be able to beat most market prices out there, but as always I will need a few orders to make it worthwhile.

Happy to listen to what the group wants, the pedders deal was just too cheap so I had to post it
Sponsored

dave-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT, '16 SS Ute, Turbo 86
Tyres/suspension/brakes, going the cheap option seems counter intuitive. Quality suspension and setup will transform the car. Usually the cheap shit is only good for stance low, if that's your thing?

I was waiting for MCA to finish their gear but haven't been keeping tabs on the release. They will cost a bit more but without a doubt be a much better product.

Otherwise go the Shockworks which a few people would have fitted by now. Have run them in my 86 for 3.5 yrs and can't complain given the abuse the car has had.

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Tyres/suspension/brakes, going the cheap option seems counter intuitive. Quality suspension and setup will transform the car. Usually the cheap shit is only good for stance low, if that's your thing?

I was waiting for MCA to finish their gear but haven't been keeping tabs on the release. They will cost a bit more but without a doubt be a much better product.

Otherwise go the Shockworks which a few people would have fitted by now. Have run them in my 86 for 3.5 yrs and can't complain given the abuse the car has had.
I am unsure whether I will run coilovers at all to be honest, I just wanted to help the community out because I'm sick of seeing the mustang tax applied.

I have already tried to do a deal with shockworks but he has an exclusive license to sell with mustang motorsport which explains why the coils are 800 more than what they are for other applications.

As for the Pedders shocks they have quite positive reviews from many different people and for 90% of applications they will suit. I have potentially another deal lined up but I can't post about due to forum rules. So if I get interest I can run it otherwise I'll just move to the next deal. :cheers:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I have already tried to do a deal with shockworks but he has an exclusive license to sell with mustang motorsport which explains why the coils are 800 more than what they are for other applications.
Ah interesting, I was going to suggest them.

I'm note sure I'll go with coilovers, in fact I probably won't. Just a decent spring with a small drop and some Bilstein shocks.

dave-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT, '16 SS Ute, Turbo 86
I am unsure whether I will run coilovers at all to be honest
Yeah sort of the same boat currently, only seem interested in making it louder. All the bits I had intended to change have dropped off the radar.

I was talking to Brett at Sandown on GF day but can't remember what price he mentioned or there being an exclusive deal. The 2 piece brake rotors did look nice, wouldn't bother unless I started tracking the car though.

But MM have probably spent a lot of time doing helping with development so fair enough to get something back I guess. We spent a bit of time fucking around with different springs and valving on my 86 at the start, pulling bits apart and having to redo alignments gets tiring quick!

Sponsored

fordtj69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 and 2016 & 2017 fastbacks
hey eibach have a full kit now for around $1800 in sydney

whtbt1.88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 fastback
Considering coil overs but haven't put too much thought in yet to be honest. Historically I've done well with Koni coilovers or sports kits but open to suggestions

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Hi all just wanting to let you know that we will be displaying our 2015 > 17 Mustang Vogtland Springs and Coilovers along with our Borla Exhaust range at the 2016 Mustang Roundup being held in Moorabbin on Sunday 23rd October We will have our Mustang now on Vogtlands and our Borla S Type fitted. See you all there
IMG_6961.jpg
IMG_6960.jpg
IMG_6952.jpg
IMG_6955.jpg

Last edited:

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have been waiting sine June for the Bilstein B16 Coilovers. I doubt they will ready for the S550 this side of Christmas.

See what you can do. They retail circa $3K.
Called beilstien in today and they said mid next year. They told me the same thing 2 years ago.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hi all just wanting to let you know that we will be displaying our 2015 > 17 Mustang Vogtland Springs and Coilovers along with our Borla Exhaust range at the 2016 Mustang Roundup being held in Moorabbin on Sunday 23rd October We will have our Mustang now on Vogtlands and our Borla S Type fitted. See you all there
What has your experience been like with the Vogtland coilovers, they are twin tube when most of the other competitors are monotube

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
What has your experience been like with the Vogtland coilovers, they are twin tube when most of the other competitors are monotube

In this case Vogtland use the same strut cartridges and shocks valved to Vogtland's spec from the same manufacturer's that supply some of the other German brands. Not all of the German made coilover kits use a Monotube design. They are height adjustable but not compression or rebound adjustable. Bang for buck they do offer good value especially when you consider they are German made. They ride exceptionally well. Also look closely at other brand name kits who also share the same components. Remember Vogtland also private label products for many other brands. The Vogtland Coilovers will be retailing for approx AUS $2150. If you need further info call me on 03 9553 6915 suspensionpartsonline.com.au

Last edited:

VNE000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Comp. Orange (Delivered Aug 2016)
These are (externally anyway) identical to the Roush kit I have installed. I used camber/castor plates and had the corner weights set by a good suspension/tuning shop and am very happy. Ride is not over hash and there is so much grip.

Vogtland price is pretty good too.

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
These are (externally anyway) identical to the Roush kit I have installed. I used camber/castor plates and had the corner weights set by a good suspension/tuning shop and am very happy. Ride is not over hash and there is so much grip.

Vogtland price is pretty good too.
Are the Roush kit mono or twin tube? Also which plates did you end up going with?

If people are interested in me exploring Vogtland coilovers more let me know through pm

Jnr Spook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT Manual
I ended up going H&R coilovers which I got through KPM/Streetfighter.
The description I got from H&R was: "The Mustang kit consists of 4 variable rated sport coil springs, 36mm big bore front struts and 46mm big bore rear shocks both mono tube construction. Shockabsorbers and struts are Bilstein mono tube bodies with H&R tuned damper rates. All testing has been carried out by H&R America and Germany. Both front and rear shocks can be re calibrated and are repairable."
Sponsored

Attachments