Vehicle(s)
15 PP

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I agree with what you are saying, but I know for a fact the steeda setups in that price range are well regarded, as is the ford suspension setup. Specifically i read through about 20 pages and 3 threads on the Steeda setup. I am more so asking if anyone thinks there will be any good Black friday deals on any of the brands i listed. or if i have made a glaring omission in the brands i am considering. Coilovers was a poor choice of words, i want a suspension setup.
We have more proven track options available to suit your objectives. We are on track several times a month especially with Palm Beach,Sebring and Homestead in our back yard.
You can reach out to me 954-960-0774 Ask for Mike D
Thanks

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
^Proven by whom? Just asking the question. :wink:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
^Proven by whom? Just asking the question.
themselves per championship winnings. Though I do agree Steeda needs a list of "sponsored by (or using) Steeda suspension parts" so we can go chat up said persons for comment.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
^Proven by whom? Just asking the question. :wink:
There are plenty on the boards & the forums - they are around. Understand these are not all S550, but the amount of time we spend on the track in competition & testing on our own dime is second to none.

Steeda Driver Robin Burnett Wins Spec Iron 2019 NASA Championship

robinburnett_spec-iron-championship.jpg

Dennis Healy’s SCCA CAM-C Win Sets The Stage For A Championship Push.

IMG_1907.jpg

Steeda VP Drives Home With Elite SCCA Championship Honors

glen.jpg

Steeda’s 2018 SARRC Championship Victory

Glen-wins-sarrc.jpg

2002 Mustang Cobra that won the Grand-Am SportsCar Series' GS-Class Championship

Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2Fpzmnw1c-imgur.png?w=1440&auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.4.jpg

snipes21i-jpg.jpg

theposse-jpg.jpg

Dennis Healy: My 2018 Journey To The SCCA Solo National Championship

dennis_front-1.jpg

Steeda Autosports Continues Its Championship-Winning, Record-Setting Ways With Another SCCA Championship In 2018!

featuredimage.jpg

Steeda #20 S550 Mustang Takes First At Sebring!

yellow20_sebringfeb2018_blog.jpg

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
3. Fortune auto 500s
I called them up. 44mm piston. The rear shock is a divorced-spring setup. Remote-adjustment 'cable' is supported. 6 week lead time and price is for all 4 corners. They dyno every shock they build and rebuild cost is $150/corner and 50K mile (personally I'd do it every 2-3 years) service intervals.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I have three brands in mind based on research done here on the forums. I am not sure who typically has good sales.

In order i am looking for a good deal on:
1. Ford performance track kit ( i know these arent true coilovers but they will do exactly what i want)

2. Steeda

3. Fortune auto 500s

is there anyone else i should consider/ watch for black Friday sales.
FRPP items rarely go on sale, but you can find year around good prices at places like Levittown Ford and White Bear Lake Ford.

Steeda has always had a super good Black Friday (BF) sale. I bought a whole suspension from them a few years back on BF; saved a lot that ultimately went towards other parts (a few Xmas presents for the wife and kiddos too :wink:).

Like others have said, coilovers are generally overkill for a street setup. But...many coilover kits are ordered with the buyers choice of spring rate; if you kept the rates tame, and bought the divorced spring setup, they would be fine — just not the best value compared to traditional springs and dampers. If you go the coilover route, most of the big vendors will have good deals coming on BF.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
From this past weekend ...

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
There are tens or hundreds of threads about setups that make for a track-capable, but mainly street driven car, and one definitely doesn't need coilovers to do it. Also, good shocks & struts with a matched & moderate increase in spring rate is a far better option than cheap coilovers.
Do the KW v3 goes into the cheap coilovers option or not. I'm debating between KW v3 and Steeda Pro-Actions Active with Dual-Rate Competition for a Track Day/ Daily Driver.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do the KW v3 goes into the cheap coilovers option or not. I'm debating between KW v3 and Steeda Pro-Actions Active with Dual-Rate Competition for a Track Day/ Daily Driver.
No

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So will you recommend to install KW v3 then ? or just go with Steeda. Also wonder if you need bumpsterkit when you use coilovers ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
if you get the Steeda roll-correct arms (if you lower your car 1") then yes the bumpsteer kit is strongly suggested. I rode in a KW-equipped car (level 2) and found the compression damping to be a bit severe. But it was a 'dedicated' track car on city streets so it's a matter of tuning. Choose based on how much you really want to spend, whether you want something that is rebuildable, and what kind of local support is available.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So will you recommend to install KW v3 then ? or just go with Steeda. Also wonder if you need bumpsterkit when you use coilovers ?
I think there are even better options for similar price. At around that price point I'd look at the Bilstein B16 kit or the Viking Crusader set (AP valving not AM). My opinion, but a quality monotube is what you want.
Sponsored