Coilovers Available for the S550 (LIST) - Seeking inputs and opinions

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Anybody got the new fortune coilovers yet?
Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
anyone try the new pedders coilover kit?
A few guys over here have them fitted and what a transformation.I don't think you can go wrong for the money.
I was a little concerned as I hadn't heard of them before but after some good feedback, and endorsed by a well known and reputable company here I had them fitted.Slightly lowered and set on midway adjustment and with just the BMR lock out kit and front chassis brace mods, it's a different car.I know you can spend ÂŁ1000's on these, but the pedders are definately one not to be overlooked.
IMG_6248_zpstlsblxyz.jpg

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Pedders supplied the coilovers for the now-defunct Saleen Performance Vehicles' modified Mustangs. I've ridden in several and I was very impressed by what Australia-based Pedders was able to do with the ride quality and handling. I'm sure their S550 offerings will be just as impressive.

BlownStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Shadow Black

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Believe me iam no expert and my car is a weekend car that will never see a track.I just wanted a slightly lowered stance with an improved ride and adjustability. I have achieved that with these.
I was falling into the trap of i must have expensive they must be the best syndrome and thats easy to do.I've done that with every hobby I've had lol.
How they fare long term is the unknown and don't know where the pedders are made(probably china like everything else)but I can only say I was pleasantly surprised how good the ride was.

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
I've been sifting through quite a bit of information on coilovers for the S550. This thread was pretty useful actually - and it inspired me to create a list of all the kits I found on the market for this platform:

http://s550mods.com/directory/suspension/s550-mustang-coilovers/

Figured it would be a nice reference for anyone looking for a complete list. I'll keep adding to it to keep it as accurate and complete as I can - though it's tough to keep up with all the new kits coming out. Hopefully I'll get some members in the community helping me with product addition suggestions or edits. I'm planning to add some filtering capabilities at some point to allow people to browse by specs.

Hope it helps some people out there.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I noticed that Ridetech makes the only set with a rear coilover. Noob question but what are the benefits? Does that make that set the best deal?

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
I noticed that Ridetech makes the only set with a rear coilover. Noob question but what are the benefits? Does that make that set the best deal?
It's not the only set with a rear coilover if you look over the list I built. There are others (aFe and Cortex - Penske is working with a partner to develop one too). It does open up more tire clearance. In terms of performance benefits I'd have to let someone more experienced than me chime in on that. Changing the location of where the spring loads were designed to be on the tub opens the door to some potential issues, so you'd have to have some real faith in the kit, the manufacturer, and their testing process.

Sponsored

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I bought the KW1. I'm very impressed with the improvement in handling. Rear end feels so much more stable and the BMR parts also helped.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I've been sifting through quite a bit of information on coilovers for the S550. This thread was pretty useful actually - and it inspired me to create a list of all the kits I found on the market for this platform:

Figured it would be a nice reference for anyone looking for a complete list. I'll keep adding to it to keep it as accurate and complete as I can - though it's tough to keep up with all the new kits coming out. Hopefully I'll get some members in the community helping me with product addition suggestions or edits. I'm planning to add some filtering capabilities at some point to allow people to browse by specs.

Very nicely done!

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
I bought the KW1. I'm very impressed with the improvement in handling. Rear end feels so much more stable and the BMR parts also helped.
how low did you go, and what kind of alignment numbers did you get for camber?

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Nice list. However, it a bit misleading to say that the Pedders are compression and rebound adjustable. That implies they are double adjustable. But my understanding is they are single adjustable, but the adjustment is a combined compression and rebound one.

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
Nice list. However, it a bit misleading to say that the Pedders are compression and rebound adjustable. That implies they are double adjustable. But my understanding is they are single adjustable, but the adjustment is a combined compression and rebound one.
Not trying to mislead people at all, trying to gather all the info I can from different sources. The manufacturers aren't always responsive. If I've listed something incorrectly, please do point it out. Is there a better way to display the adjustment options? I have it set as Rebound Only, Compression and Rebound, and Non Adjustable. Would it be better to classify them a different way? Or maybe just add a new option for Single Adjustment Compression and Rebound. I'm trying to make it easy to understand and also accurate for the community.
Sponsored