Coil covers on '18 and up coyote

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I've been searching everywhere, yet to get a definitive answer...is there a coil cover that will fit my '18 Gen 3 coyote? Trying to tidy up the engine bay for shows, and I love the old school looking Boss 302 covers, the blue one's, is there any way to adapt them to fit? Or is there a manufacturer out there who's making covers to fit our '18 up 5.0 L's? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I've been searching everywhere, yet to get a definitive answer...is there a coil cover that will fit my '18 Gen 3 coyote? Trying to tidy up the engine bay for shows, and I love the old school looking Boss 302 covers, the blue one's, is there any way to adapt them to fit? Or is there a manufacturer out there who's making covers to fit our '18 up 5.0 L's? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
No, the fact there is two sets of injectors gets in the way. You best bet is to get your engine cover painted.

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
No, the fact there is two sets of injectors gets in the way. You best bet is to get your engine cover painted.
I don't even use my engine cover...its horrible looking and they trap heat on the top of the engine. I'd really love to see someone come out with a set of coil covers for our Gen 3's, hide all that ugliness and wires...maybe someday.

Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
The second set of injectors are under the intake manifold....Hard to imagine those get in the way of something on the top end of the engine ;] It's the DI pump on the passenger valve cover. I suppose with the right amount of trimming you could make something look alright, but your best bet is going to be something custom.

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
The second set of injectors are under the intake manifold....Hard to imagine those get in the way of something on the top end of the engine ;] It's the DI pump on the passenger valve cover. I suppose with the right amount of trimming you could make something look alright, but your best bet is going to be something custom.
Good assessment! Great minds must think alike, that's exactly how I've come to see it. You can call this thread a last ditch effort to find something from someone that's already had the fab work done and is being marketed, kinda like how I found Jason at CM Products for the rear seat delete and saved $100 for a much better fitting and looking product just by asking around...I was hoping the coil covers for us '18 up guys would be similar, ask around and find out about someone making custom stuff that I could just buy ready made. Guess that might not be the case. Thanks for the reply!

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
According to the parts supply houses, all coil covers sold work on all generations of Coyote, plus the Voodoo. They list fitment as 2011 - 2018, inclusive of the Roadrunner.

JR

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
According to the parts supply houses, all coil covers sold work on all generations of Coyote, plus the Voodoo. They list fitment as 2011 - 2018, inclusive of the Roadrunner.

JR
Yeah, one side will fit, the other side won't due to the DI pump. Reminds me of AM advertising fitment last Spring on the MMD running pony mud flaps, but when I ordered them the rears would not fit due to the '18 redesign...they said oops, they didn't know and I was able to return them, along with the fronts that did fit. I had to go with the California Pony Cars NXT universal flaps on mine to get the right fit. Manufacturers say all sorts of stuff, sometimes it just isn't the case in real life though. That's why I started this thread, to find something I don't see online yet, like coil covers that actually fit with no issues or cutting on the Gen 3. Thanks for the reply!

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Yeah, one side will fit, the other side won't due to the DI pump. Reminds me of AM advertising fitment last Spring on the MMD running pony mud flaps, but when I ordered them the rears would not fit due to the '18 redesign...they said oops, they didn't know and I was able to return them, along with the fronts that did fit. I had to go with the California Pony Cars NXT universal flaps on mine to get the right fit. Manufacturers say all sorts of stuff, sometimes it just isn't the case in real life though. That's why I started this thread, to find something I don't see online yet, like coil covers that actually fit with no issues or cutting on the Gen 3. Thanks for the reply!
No, thank YOU for the reply! I have a Gen II Coyote, and have zero experience with the Gen III (haven't even driven one, yet). I appreciate you correcting me, as this topic has come up a few times recently.

Is there any way you could notch the coil cover to accommodate the DI pump?

Good luck!

JR

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Then buy a set and dremel out where you need clearance so it fits.

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
No, thank YOU for the reply! I have a Gen II Coyote, and have zero experience with the Gen III (haven't even driven one, yet). I appreciate you correcting me, as this topic has come up a few times recently.

Is there any way you could notch the coil cover to accommodate the DI pump?

Good luck!

JR
Possibly. That's a thought I had. I think I may look around for a set someone pretty much threw away to try that, instead of buying a new set and ruining them if it doesn't work. I may contact the junkyard and see if I can find em cheap to try that. If that's what I end up doing, I'll do a write up about it with a new thread, I"m thinking I'm not the only Gen 3 owner who wishes to do this.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Lol one of thet moderators thought it said coil overs and moved it to the suspension section hahaha.