Sponsored

Cobra driver charged with stunt driving in Hamilton ON.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My concern is why they're calling a Shelby a Cobra. Is it okay and this is only something that bothers me? I'll paste this little nugget here but also disclaim that I'm not actually trying to be an a-hole or anything. I really am genuinely curious if it bothers other people too.

The Ford SVT Mustang Cobra (also known as SVT Mustang Cobra, SVT Cobra, or simply as Cobra) is a muscle car/pony car model that was built in model years 1993 through 2004 by Ford Motor Company's Special Vehicle Team division (or SVT, for short). The SVT Cobra was a high-performance version of the Ford Mustang, considered as top-of-the-line as it was positioned above the Mustang GT and Mach 1 models during its era of production. On three occasions, the race-ready, street-legal SVT Cobra R variant was produced in limited numbers. The SVT Cobra was succeeded by the 2007 Shelby GT500.

And to answer, nope, nobody I know lol.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
My concern is why they're calling a Shelby a Cobra. Is it okay and this is only something that bothers me? I'll paste this little nugget here but also disclaim that I'm not actually trying to be an a-hole or anything. I really am genuinely curious if it bothers other people too.

The Ford SVT Mustang Cobra (also known as SVT Mustang Cobra, SVT Cobra, or simply as Cobra) is a muscle car/pony car model that was built in model years 1993 through 2004 by Ford Motor Company's Special Vehicle Team division (or SVT, for short). The SVT Cobra was a high-performance version of the Ford Mustang, considered as top-of-the-line as it was positioned above the Mustang GT and Mach 1 models during its era of production. On three occasions, the race-ready, street-legal SVT Cobra R variant was produced in limited numbers. The SVT Cobra was succeeded by the 2007 Shelby GT500.

And to answer, nope, nobody I know lol.
Probably a combination of snake badging and an uninformed reporter.

shelby1.png

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My concern is why they're calling a Shelby a Cobra. Is it okay and this is only something that bothers me?
When I had my GT350 I noticed that a lot of people do this. Not sure why. It annoyed me a little, but I did feel flattered that they were asking about my car.

My wife continues to call my Z06 a Camaro, which bothers me a little more than the Cobra thing. Ehh, what do you do?

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
When I had my GT350 I noticed that a lot of people do this. Not sure why. It annoyed me a little, but I did feel flattered that they were asking about my car.

My wife continues to call my Z06 a Camaro, which bothers me a little more than the Cobra thing. Ehh, what do you do?
Right! It was only an issue when I had a Shelby because of the emblem. And it was mostly car guys that just didn't know any better too. I did have a waitress guess my car was a Challenger a couple months ago lol. Also like people down south who call every soda created a coke, or people who call soft drinks pop, or people who call pop soda, or people who call soft drinks soda.....:crazy:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
lol, 88mph in a 38mph... Won't be speeding in Canada anytime soon.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Right! It was only an issue when I had a Shelby because of the emblem. And it was mostly car guys that just didn't know any better too. I did have a waitress guess my car was a Challenger a couple months ago lol. Also like people down south who call every soda created a coke, or people who call soft drinks pop, or people who call pop soda, or people who call soft drinks soda.....:crazy:
or you got old dudes on this website slapping cobra badges on their 5.0 mustangs and get mad when we hate on them

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
So 142kph is that like 90 mph????

I was kidding. It is really only 88 mph. WTH Canada???? School zone or something. Stunt driving at 88 mph. Impounded his car and suspended his license for a week. Wow. You crazy Canadians don't play around with speeding.

I know for a fact my 17 GT350 would do 166 mph, on a road in Mexico of course. If that were in the Canada I likely would have been charged with racing and got a year in jail.

Sponsored

treecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6 speed manual, F-450 pickup, Jeep TJ. Dodge Ram Cummins diesel 2500
Too bad. With the fine he will get he could have bought a lot of track time and gone faster.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Anyone know what the "stunt driving" part means? Speeding is obvious, but certainly all speeding is not a stunt. What stunts was he performing?
Sponsored