OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Like I said use a professional service I don’t think cheap DIY rubbish is a good idea
It works absolutely fine. Pro detailers on the detailing subreddit had no qualms recommending a home kit to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nah I meant durability say after two years, my ceramic is great after one year so far, and guaranteed for 5 years!
Ah! Well my Optima wont last that long so you may be waiting a while for that verdict.

Sponsored

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
What the cost of that ? what kind of gurantee does it come with ?
Ceramic coat applied to exterior paint, wheels, under bonnet etc by a professional detailer is about £500 for a brand new car (can be done to older cars but that may involve a machine polish to remove defects like swirl marks). But you have to carefully wash the car yourself using snow foam and two bucket hand wash etc no more visits to the local supermarket car wash anymore. The ceramic coat is great as water tends to bead and run off. Also the car stays cleaner for much longer. 5 year guarantee is from the manufacturer as long as applied by someone that they have approved. It’s not for everyone but it sure keeps your car looking like new for years.

harmzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Ceramic coat applied to exterior paint, wheels, under bonnet etc by a professional detailer is about £500 for a brand new car (can be done to older cars but that may involve a machine polish to remove defects like swirl marks). But you have to carefully wash the car yourself using snow foam and two bucket hand wash etc no more visits to the local supermarket car wash anymore. The ceramic coat is great as water tends to bead and run off. Also the car stays cleaner for much longer. 5 year guarantee is from the manufacturer as long as applied by someone that they have approved. It’s not for everyone but it sure keeps your car looking like new for years.
Thanks for that any bad points from your experience ?

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Thanks for that any bad points from your experience ?
None regarding the product just the extra work in cleaning the car myself now instead of just paying the local car wash £5 to clean it - their chemicals and dirty cleaning mitts would ruin the glass like finish

Aaron Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Who is the supplying dealer for coast to coast, anyone know that have left the deposit???

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Who is the supplying dealer for coast to coast, anyone know that have left the deposit???

Best put an order through to obtain that info. We wouldn’t want the source to dry up.

Aaron Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I work for Ford and those deals lose a lot of money, IMO I can’t see any benefit for a dealer to do this kind of deal, especially as it would be a forward order for months down the line. Above and beyond that the dealer would have to pay a fee to the broker.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Been looking at BMW M240i and put it through coast 2 coast and they can knock best part of 8k off list price! it’s crazy!
Same for Mercs, Volvos etc. Their starting point is list price of course and they'll probably sell you finance which make them money. They don't do something for nothing.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
I work for Ford and those deals lose a lot of money, IMO I can’t see any benefit for a dealer to do this kind of deal, especially as it would be a forward order for months down the line. Above and beyond that the dealer would have to pay a fee to the broker.
If our local dealers gave us £3600 off a MY18 for a cash deal, we wouldn’t have to go via internet brokers but as it is, why would we want to buy locally when we can get the same order and travel 200 miles to get it and then give it to our local dealer for servicing. My local dealer won’t give any discount even on a MY17. It’s all about numbers, this broker has brand dealers that he uses so he will put all his Ford orders for all types of ford car with the same dealer
Sponsored