CO2 tax in France

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
New tax rates in France for 2021 mean the new car tax on a Mustang will increase by €29,000 ! Don't reckon they will sell many more in France !

It was going to be €40,000 but protests got it reduced !

Don't tell Boris !
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Fu*k me, is that for real? Wouldn't it be easier just to hack out a kidney and send that?

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Fu*k me, is that for real? Wouldn't it be easier just to hack out a kidney and send that?
Yep. Even higher in 2022 plus a weight tax over 1800kg to hit large SUV's

To be honest though the penalty to Ford for selling a Mustang would need a lot of Kuga PHEV's to cancel it out, so they don't really want to sell many in Europe now anyway.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
the planet would be better served by fewer people living on it rather than taxing the sh1t out of us

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
the planet would be better served by fewer people living on it rather than taxing the sh1t out of us
So are you proposing a cull ? Who would decide who lives / dies / controls births ?

It has been tried in the past with controversial results !

Sponsored

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Interesting article in Autocar last week - they are calling for the Gov’t to incentivise the move to electric/greener cars and not just penalise the older ICE cars/owners. The policy in France - and to be followed in some other EU countries - seems to be “hit them with a big stick”!
I‘m just hoping that there is no retrospective tax increases on current cars. Selfish I know, but...

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Gov’t to incentivise the move to electric/greener cars
Govt involvement is the kiss of death....

We have had mass market pure EVs since Nissan Leaf launched in 2010 and those muppets in the EU and our MEPs still havent agreed an industry standard on the charging lead connector...
there’s still no realistic charging infrastructure roll out plan or provision of more power generation to meet the increased demand they’re forcing upon us. In fact when they decommission our aging nuke plants and ban coal power station we will struggle to boil a kettle :)

So the evidence points towards a tax raid

PS don’t tell Rishi that more EVs mean he will lose the huge % duty we currently pay on petrol

PPS €29k Car tax! Sacre blue!

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The French are likeable, but when it comes to taxation, they're very silly.
Does anyone remember the 75% tax on €1M income?
Beuller?
Anyone?
Anyone?

It didn't really work out the way the French gov had intended.

Anyway, I've just re-read the 1st post. It's new car tax.
Which translates as the French gov would prefer it if their citizens didn't buy a Ford Mustang.
Big deal!

Last edited:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
electric/greener cars
Don't get me started... here in the states, an electric car is a coal powered car. Don't tell an environmentalist they are driving a coal powered car.... they start repeating all of the flaming liberal bumper sticker slogans that are attached to the rear of their vehicle.

With our new president elect... we may have similar taxes...?

RATIONAL RANT DISCLAIMER
Sorry... had to... I feel better now!

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Welcome to the European Version of the “Gas Guzzler” Tax!

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
So are you proposing a cull ? Who would decide who lives / dies / controls births ?

It has been tried in the past with controversial results !
A cull, yeah as you say that's not exactly free of controversy but all the environmentalists keep saying that human actions are killing the planet and we need to made changes now. Obvious answer is we need fewer humans, after all 3 billion people will use far less resources than 7.2 billion. Strange thing is, environmentalists don't seem to mention this anywhere in their manifestos. Maybe they want 8 billion cave dwellers

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
the planet and we need to made changes now.
Well, there's the thing.
In my experience, the climate change lobby is made up in no small part, of youngsters, folk under the age of 35yrs. Who appear not to have a rational grip of their under developed emotions. They're easily whipped up into a rabid frienzy about climate, to the point where everything has to happen, now!

Another significant element of the climate change lobby are the older, hypocrites. Retired after decades of not giving the climate any thought. Mortgage paid off, nice pension, no interest in the motor car, but who love to fly & cruise on holiday.
They'll happily support the hysterical snow flakes, in deleting the ICE & driving a Tesla, because they plant trees & couldn't live without their 5 holidays a year.

Still. If people are going to allow a Swedish teenager to tell them off & applaude her afterwards.
Then perhaps a cull could be justified...

Hhmmm.
Virus, anyone...anyone?
:giggle:

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Taxes in France are simply insane.
A liter of SP98 (~93 RON) in the capital city is about 1.6 euros.
With the current exchange rate this translates to over USD$7 a gallon. Over 60% of that is taxes.
This is just one of the many reasons just about everyone drives a tiny 1.x liter shitbox.
France is a beautiful country but a terrible place to be a car enthusiast (unless you are LOADED!)

Apologies, didn't realize this was the UK section. The thread just showed itself on top of the local section. I hope you guys have it better than the French!

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
in the UK we are paying 58p/litre fuel duty plus 21p VAT on top of that so we arent that far behind France.

It’s tax on tax....

but that duty will disappear when we are forced into EVs, so I imagine some electricity super tax will be devised. That will hammer the carless PlayStation generation too
Sponsored