Clutch swap and broken manifold swap, car wont idle

Corey_cars

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just finished changing the clutch and flywheel to an LPXHD along with replacing my broken 15 manifold (imrc broken) and went to fire the car up and it stumbles like crazy to the point it just dies and won't idle at all. It's misfiring pretty good to the point it doesn't sound right at all and struggles to run even given a bit of gas. Once turned on it throws no cel then once it tries to die out the cel will come on then blink. There is a nasty exhaust leak which I need to look into but will that cause the car to not even idle? The codes I'm showing are P0301 (cylinder 1 misfire) P0316 (engine misfire on start up first 1000 revolutions) P0300 (random misfire) and P0036 (HO2S heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 2). I did remove the pulse ring when installing a new pilot bearing and the car sat with the intake manifold off for about 2 weeks outside while waiting for a new manifold. Any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Corey_cars

Corey_cars

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Going to pull the manifold back off today and swap the plugs and fix the exhaust leak, anybody know where I can find the vacuum diagram for the manifold hoses? I want to double check iv got everything in the right places which I think I do. The blue imrc plugs on the back of the manifold I may have plugged in wrong. I have an ngauge I purchased second hand but it's locked to another vehicle and won't let me run a crank relearn, I have the unlock file from lund so I'm going to try to unlock it and see if it will let me perform the relearn. The car is bone stock minus a catback. Thanks for your help guys I'm beyond frustrated

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I would start with the crank relearn. I seem to recall those are often required after a clutch swap.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Is the exhaust leak before the o2s? If it's after the o2s I doubt it's your issue. You will need a crank relearn after doing the clutch but again I doubt that's your issue. I'd be focused on the intake manifold. I'll bet your issue is related to that.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I had to do a crank learn after a clutch but the car idled fine and only misfired under load on the highway. My clutch weight might not have been as dramatic of a change tho. Anyway do the relearn, see if you still have problems afterwards.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Anytime you do a major R&R related to the engine or transmission you have to do a crank relearn procedure.

Check the pdf in this linked thread; any time there is major engine work or trans work performed on the S550 5.0, the Dealer Service Tech (or DIYer) is supposed to do a crank relearn procedure.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...s-weird-hesitation.125119/page-2#post-2679084

Also check this link if you have a n-gauge for crank relearn:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-clutch-dtc-and-shudders.148583/#post-3035678

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Car should idle fine even if you need to do a crank relearn. Sounds like you have more than a “crank relearn” issue going on there, more like an air leak or injector not firing or plug not firing.

Wilownu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 paxton supercharged GT
Just finished changing the clutch and flywheel to an LPXHD along with replacing my broken 15 manifold (imrc broken) and went to fire the car up and it stumbles like crazy to the point it just dies and won't idle at all. It's misfiring pretty good to the point it doesn't sound right at all and struggles to run even given a bit of gas. Once turned on it throws no cel then once it tries to die out the cel will come on then blink. There is a nasty exhaust leak which I need to look into but will that cause the car to not even idle? The codes I'm showing are P0301 (cylinder 1 misfire) P0316 (engine misfire on start up first 1000 revolutions) P0300 (random misfire) and P0036 (HO2S heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 2). I did remove the pulse ring when installing a new pilot bearing and the car sat with the intake manifold off for about 2 weeks outside while waiting for a new manifold. Any ideas?
did you ever get this sorted?

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I always find it funny people make a post looking for help and advice and never come back to say thank you it worked, didnt work, kiss my ass, or something

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've always gotten a P0315 when needing a crank relearn. I would start by checking anything that got touched when all the work was done. Maybe something as simple as a harness not plugged in all the way (or at all), or something switched around.

P0036 is related to the O2 sensor. Check that. Sometimes one thing will set several other codes.

Wilownu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 paxton supercharged GT
I have commented on several threads like this looking for help from folks who had the same issues.
Sponsored