Clutch sticking / raising RPM between shift

WCKD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sina
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 / tricky performance E85 tuned
I just hit 30k miles and my clutch is beginning to get stuck down and the pedal becomes very stiff after hard driving. There is absolutely 0 slip in the clutch but only after a couple WOT pulls will i experience this. ( Took to dealer they flushed trans / clutch fluid and told me to come back if it still happening after i get tuned)
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Throwout bearing - mine had the same symptoms and looked like this when the trans came out.

IMG_2362.jpg
Wow! How many miles did you have on the car? That looks like it disintegrated. Any damage to the tranny?

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
It's from the Rented Mule - a former FPRS Track Attack car. Based on maintenance records, it is likely that it had about 4k miles on it..... all on the track... with 1k of those done by me.

FPRS uses Castrol SRF for brake fluid and the clutch shares the same reservoir. SRF is said to be corrosive to throwout bearings, though, so it's likely that part of that damage is the result of that fluid.

As for damage, note the ball bearings in the bottom of the bellhousing. Those beat up the pressure plate and flywheel a bit, and there was some hot spots on both as well. So, while the transmission was out, we installed new OEM parts - clutch assembly and flywheel.

Here's what a healthy throwout bearing should look like - not a GT350 part, but similar.

Hydraulic Throwout Bearing .jpg

And here's a pic of the Mule.

20220818_062554.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
WCKD350

WCKD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sina
Vehicle(s)
Throwout bearing - mine had the same symptoms and looked like this when the trans came out.

IMG_2362.jpg
Thanks, i’m hoping my dealer can write it off as a warranty due to the mileage still being relatively low.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
@Muligan, is the tranny back to performing as it should now?
Absolutely! We also took the opportunity to install an MGW second gen shifter, which is outstanding in both quality and action.

Julio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 (Ford Mustang Shelby)
Vehicle Showcase
do you have any update on this WCKD350?8

Recently started to have my clutch pedal sticking to the floor and I need to press it several times to make it work properly again.
No other sign of clutch issue.

could it just be the clutch helping spring ? I’ll try to remove it completely and see if improves.

car has 60kmiles so I guess it could be theclutch but guess it would also have other symptoms. No ?

OP
OP
WCKD350

WCKD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sina
Vehicle(s)

Recently started to have my clutch pedal sticking to the floor and I need to press it several times to make it work properly again.

could it just be the clutch helping spring ? I’ll try to remove it completely and see if improves.

car has 60kmiles so I guess it could be theclutch but guess it would also have other symptoms. No ?
Still no solid answer on went wrong with mine. Waiting on my Vengance stage 1 clutch to get delivered to then drop the trans and see exactly what failed. I attempted taking the spring out of mine to no avail. I will update you once i drop the trans and take a look.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Im going to take a shot and say it is your clutch master cylinder. I had the same issue last year. You will need to remove your clutch/brake pedal assembly to change. Fortunately it is an inexpensive part but requires flexibility.

https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...9MjAxNyZ0PXNoZWxieS1ndDM1MCZlPTUtMmwtdjgtZ2Fz

Screen Shot 2023-05-28 at 7.18.38 AM.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

Julio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 (Ford Mustang Shelby)
Vehicle Showcase
Im going to take a shot and say it is your cutch master cylinder. I had the same issue last year. You will need to remove your clutch/brake pedal assembly to change. Fortunately it is an inexpensive part but requires flexibility.

https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...9MjAxNyZ0PXNoZWxieS1ndDM1MCZlPTUtMmwtdjgtZ2Fz

Screen Shot 2023-05-28 at 7.18.38 AM.png
Thanks a lot. Very likely indeed.
Now I need to find a way to order it (I’m in Europe and rockauto does not have the part :).

regarding the symptoms, did you notice anything beyond the clutch sticking to the floor (and how often) ? Mine does it randomly every week or so and once I press the pedal 10 times, stickiness disappears.
Also did you have any loss in brake fluid ? (I read that this is the first symptom for master cylinder failing is loss of fluid ?)

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Thanks a lot. Very likely indeed.
Now I need to find a way to order it (I’m in Europe and rockauto does not have the part :).

regarding the symptoms, did you notice anything beyond the clutch sticking to the floor (and how often) ? Mine does it randomly every week or so and once I press the pedal 10 times, stickiness disappears.
Also did you have any loss in brake fluid ? (I read that this is the first symptom for master cylinder failing is loss of fluid ?)
I noticed every time when I would go to my car in the morning, the pedal would be to the floor. After driving it for a few minutes, the pedal would go back to normal. Then the same thing would happen the next day. I read threads with others who had leaking but I never had that inside the car. Didn’t lose any fluid.

Mine started randomly but became an every day occurrence. Can you order from a dealer over there ?
Sponsored