JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
No worries mate. Have you pulled your spring or tinkered with a different one?
I just ordered the Steeda spring, because I had a credit at Amazon and they had it in stock. Honestly, I am trying it to see what the hype is. I didn't have an issue with the stock one, likely because it was a similar feel to my '09 GT. I don't think I'd take it out all together, since she's my daily driver.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I just ordered the Steeda spring, because I had a credit at Amazon and they had it in stock. Honestly, I am trying it to see what the hype is. I didn't have an issue with the stock one, likely because it was a similar feel to my '09 GT. I don't think I'd take it out all together, since she's my daily driver.
I didn't feel much difference from the stock spring. Spring free feels right to me.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Is there more to the “steeda noise” (hype) than; if you remove the OEM spring and don’t replace it with theirs, your clutch and the world will come to a sudden end?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Is there more to the “steeda noise” (hype) than; if you remove the OEM spring and don’t replace it with theirs, your clutch and the world will come to a sudden end?
I like the feel of the clutch pedal with the softer clutch assist spring, and it keeps the pedal up all the way up when you're foot is off the pedal, which can't be a bad thing regardless if it prevents any damage or not. I just don't like free play slop on the pedal when it's all the way up.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I like the feel of the clutch pedal with the softer clutch assist spring, and it keeps the pedal up all the way up when you're foot is off the pedal, which can't be a bad thing regardless if it prevents any damage or not. I just don't like free play slop on the pedal when it's all the way up.
Every time you comment on pedal free play I go out to my car and pull up on the clutch pedal, lol. I guess I lucked out by not having any slop. That’s alright, Ford more than made up for that by cursing me with the paint bubbling up on my hood.

Kansas GT

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Agreed! I swapped my stock spring out with the Steeda spring today, but I decided to go for a drive without the spring first. I had a little bit of pedal play without a spring, but the shifting felt amazing! I didn't find the pedal play concerning, but it was a little annoying.

The Steeda spring feels -almost- as good as no spring and leagues better than the stock spring.
Sponsored