Sponsored

Clutch Spring Removal to Aid in Linear Pressure

Jeff73Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP
You should see the assist spring in an early mustang then-hidden up under the dash it is incredibly stout compared to the ones in our cars (and far harder to remove safely)
Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Literally took me 30 seconds to knock off the clutch assist spring on my 15. Must do mod imo. Clutch feel is wayyyyyy better now, no idea how people drive on the stock spring.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Still amazed that people will try to fit something back up in there and "re-sponge" their pedal a little less. Probably would have sold the car if the the clutch feel was not changeable with that mod.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Still amazed that people will try to fit something back up in there and "re-sponge" their pedal a little less. Probably would have sold the car if the the clutch feel was not changeable with that mod.
Exactly. Ford engineers misguided attempt to lighten the clutch pedal for the masses came with nasty side effects. Then you get internet mechanics building off of that disastrous foundation...good luck. Fortunately it only takes a couple minutes to “un-sponge” the pedal forever.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Popped mine off today. Easy peasey. A little more pressure but sooo much better than stock. Going to try the Steeda spring and see how it feels.

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Popped mine off today. Easy peasey. A little more pressure but sooo much better than stock. Going to try the Steeda spring and see how it feels.
What do you hope to gain with another spring? Sincerely curious.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
What do you hope to gain with another spring? Sincerely curious.
Truthfully? Probably a piece of mind that i'm not doing any unintended harm that might come from not have a one. Some say you can't....some say you can/will.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Truthfully? Probably a piece of mind that i'm not doing any unintended harm that might come from not have a one. Some say you can't....some say you can/will.
Those saying that pulling the clutch assist spring will cause damage have zero credible evidence to support their claims.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Those saying that pulling the clutch assist spring will cause damage have zero credible evidence to support their claims.
I have since gone springless. Had to see what all the Steeda noise was about.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I have since gone springless. Had to see what all the Steeda noise was about.
”Steeda noise”...lol, that’s a good one. What its about is paranoid fear based on misinformation.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
”Steeda noise”...lol, that’s a good one. What its about is paranoid fear based on misinformation.
I think he's using noise here like the word "hype" ... In other words, people built up the steeda spring as a godsend and he wanted to see if it met the "hype." While I certainly could be wrong, that's the only version that makes sense in this case (and it's a fairly common saying as well).

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Thanks JJ, I understood what he was saying.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I think he's using noise here like the word "hype" ... In other words, people built up the steeda spring as a godsend and he wanted to see if it met the "hype." While I certainly could be wrong, that's the only version that makes sense in this case (and it's a fairly common saying as well).
Yes, that's exactly what i meant.

Different parts of the country have different slang. :D
Sponsored