Clutch safety sensor?

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
I was leaving work today and I hopped in my car. Tried to start her up but wouldn't turn over. I asked my coworker if he had any clue as to why it wasn't. He figured it was the clutch safety sensor. It looks like it's not getting pushed all the way in or maybe something is loose. I had to bump start the car to get home. Now I'm currently ghetto rigging it and taping it up so I can start the car. Anyone had any problems that might know how to fix it?
Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I had this problem on my 2012 mustang. I accidentally somehow pushed the sensor away from the clutch pedal. you may want to check that. I wasnt even messing with the clutch either but I was under there for alarm/radio stuff and somehow must of pushed the sensor away from the pedal.

OP
OP
subbz

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
Thanks I had it in the right spot but when I pushed the clutch in all the way the sensor was still not registering that it was unless the rod for the sensor was all the way in. The clutch pedal cant go any further so I ended up taping it up. While doing so I lost hill start assist. I ordered a new one and I should be getting it in a few days. Hopefully I get hill start assist back. The hills in sf is pretty brutal lol. I did however learned that unplugging the sensor is a pretty good anti theft device since you cant start the car without it lol.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
I think my sensor is maybe not working too. I got in my car yesterday and it wouldn't start. I thought the battery was dead, but it looks like its just not registering the clutch as being depressed. If I hit it a few times, it will start. Did you ever get yours replaced?

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Thanks I had it in the right spot but when I pushed the clutch in all the way the sensor was still not registering that it was unless the rod for the sensor was all the way in. The clutch pedal cant go any further so I ended up taping it up. While doing so I lost hill start assist. I ordered a new one and I should be getting it in a few days. Hopefully I get hill start assist back. The hills in sf is pretty brutal lol. I did however learned that unplugging the sensor is a pretty good anti theft device since you cant start the car without it lol.
Why not use your 3/36 warranty and have the dealer fix it for free?

Sponsored

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
The tab that keeps the sensor locked in broke on mine and the sensor fail off.
1463012134.IMG_2830-1.jpg

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My friend has this issue, what is the part number?

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
There is a tsb for this problem and they have a new switch HR3Z-11A152-A
Sponsored