Sponsored

Clutch Replaced? If so what mileage?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I am not dealer says it may be a few weeks when I called today. Mind you they said earlier in the week the transmission was ordered, I don't know if it was rejected or what. Ford wants to inspection so my season will end with a whimper..
That's sucks; we were looking forward to running with you.
Hope it doesn't take too long so you'll get it back to at least drive it a bit before the weather gets completely screwy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
That's sucks; we were looking forward to running with you.
Hope it doesn't take too long so you'll get it back to at least drive it a bit before the weather gets completely screwy.
Yeah I was really looking forward to the day since we are all so close in times :'(

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not yet I'll ask but service rep isn't technical..
Biggest complaint of working with Ford dealers right here. Always are forced into talking with a receptionist with a fancy title.

Hope they make it right for you, @firestarter2!

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Black Stripes
Best of luck and hope you get the car back soon without hassles. Next season for sure we have to plan it.

PWn3R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2013 Ford Raptor, 2014 Ford Escape
Sorry to necro an old thread. How do you know when your clutch needs replaced. I bought my 350 used from a dealership who's owner was "loaner car-ing" it up on weekends with the 350, I bought it with 2.4k miles on it "used" even though it had never been sold. He drove it hard (tires had to be replaced at 15k miles). I can't guarantee I've been easy on the clutch either as this is my FIRST stick car (parents hate stick and only had autos). I've been as gentle as I could be and have gotten very good at stick already. I think my clutch is working fine, but have also seen that some other performance cars require pulling the engine and transmission to replace. So asking out of concern in case it becomes necessary soon.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sorry to necro an old thread. How do you know when your clutch needs replaced. I bought my 350 used from a dealership who's owner was "loaner car-ing" it up on weekends with the 350, I bought it with 2.4k miles on it "used" even though it had never been sold. He drove it hard (tires had to be replaced at 15k miles). I can't guarantee I've been easy on the clutch either as this is my FIRST stick car (parents hate stick and only had autos). I've been as gentle as I could be and have gotten very good at stick already. I think my clutch is working fine, but have also seen that some other performance cars require pulling the engine and transmission to replace. So asking out of concern in case it becomes necessary soon.
You'll know...lol. But all the other normal things. Chattering, weird inconsistent power transfer, really long slipping downshift transitions, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. Clutch replacing is not engine out.
Sponsored