Sponsored

Clutch pedal travel

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Just curious if any of you have an indentation on the back firewall carpet from the clutch pedal. I am curious if my travel is too far and it is the culprit of my pedal vibrations. Might explain why I can change out the clutch spring by hand with no problems.
Sponsored

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
There is no way you should be abel to remove that 185lb spring by hand. You must have some problem allowing excess travel. Can't say for sure because I haven't looked, but i think that the fully depressed position is pretty near on the fire wall. That's why i got a pedal extender and love it. The end position is too far out of line with the other 2 pedals. Sounds like there is something else going on here. Maybe even a problem with the clutch. I know it was a B to remove my spring, even after it was compressed.

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
Did you buy the Car used. did you have the Steeda spring already installed when you bought it? Could be all kinda stuff with a clutch. Vibrations? Normal to make you foot numb. I am no clutch expert.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Well I guess it's normal. Maybe I have hotspots on the flywheel causing the vibs/buzzing. Being able to take out the spring with one hand baffles me though. Don't think it should be that easy.

Sponsored

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Well I guess it's normal. Maybe I have hotspots on the flywheel causing the vibs/buzzing. Being able to take out the spring with one hand baffles me though. Don't think it should be that easy.
Every now and then I get a weird vibration on the clutch pedal as well, but for some reason my shifter has been unusually crunchy lately also. Like so loud and crunchy someone could hear the crunches from probably 10-15 feet away. :ford:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It vibrates at certain rpm I notice.
The S550 clutch is so high you don't even need to push it all the way.
I just press down like maybe 1 inch or 2, it will fully disengage.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Every now and then I get a weird vibration on the clutch pedal as well, but for some reason my shifter has been unusually crunchy lately also. Like so loud and crunchy someone could hear the crunches from probably 10-15 feet away. :ford:
Damn that sounds pretty bad.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
It vibrates at certain rpm I notice.
The S550 clutch is so high you don't even need to push it all the way.
I just press down like maybe 1 inch or 2, it will fully disengage.
I just did this test yesterday and you are correct. I will try and keep it off the firewall for shifts.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I just did this test yesterday and you are correct. I will try and keep it off the firewall for shifts.
Not sure I would do this. The clutch is not fully disengaged. I did a test in my garage where it was nice and quiet. I can hear the point the clutch starts to drag and it's just off of the floor. Certainly not at the top of the travel.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Not sure I would do this. The clutch is not fully disengaged. I did a test in my garage where it was nice and quiet. I can hear the point the clutch starts to drag and it's just off of the floor. Certainly not at the top of the travel.
Funny you say that. I have noticed that second and third gear engage right off the initial clutch release from firewall. First gear however does not start to engage until half the pedal has been released if not a bit more. Think it may be time for a new clutch.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Funny you say that. I have noticed that second and third gear engage right off the initial clutch release from firewall. First gear however does not start to engage until half the pedal has been released if not a bit more. Think it may be time for a new clutch.
First gear has a big speed differential when you're stopped and this is why you have to slip it when you pull away.

Then other gears the differential is much less so everything syncs up with much less force or pedal

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I must have weird clutch.
Mine literally only needs 2 inch pressed down and it disengages.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
This clutch is all over the map. I hear ya.
Sponsored