Sponsored

Clutch pedal to the floor, only 30K miles?

dg556

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Hey All,
Yesterday while trying to enjoy the drop of sunshine we got i was getting on to the parkway and tried to shift into 4th and the clutch pedal is pretty much gone. The pedal goes to the floor and will barely allow the clutch to engage. If you lift the pedal up more than a 1/4" the clutch is engaged and vibration is horrible trying to leave from a stop in 1st or reverse. I am assuming this is the ridiculous throw-out bearing/slave cylinder setup that ford decided to use. I figured i could change the slave until i found out its a combined unit inside the trans so looks like its going to a shop. Has this happened to anyone else at 30k? i do not beat the car up ever, but i am the second owner (had 26k on it ) i am so shocked this happened at such low miles. Also does anyone know if that is covered under warranty?
Any help is appreciated and if there are any recommendations of a shop you trust in central new jersey would be great.
Sponsored

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
Could be slave related. Pedal to floor, vibrates.... I’m going with clutch disc let go. It’s happened to quite a few on here. What year? Mine was covered from dealership, but only had a few 100 miles on it. Most people were not covered.
Clutch hydraulics should be covered, not the disc. Good luck.

OP
OP
dg556

dg556

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Could be slave related. Pedal to floor, vibrates.... I’m going with clutch disc let go. It’s happened to quite a few on here. What year? Mine was covered from dealership, but only had a few 100 miles on it. Most people were not covered.
Clutch hydraulics should be covered, not the disc. Good luck.
I can still change gears but not quickly and the bucking is awful because there is no ability to let the pedal out slow, its pretty much on or off. I would think if the disc was gone i would have no ability to use the clutch at all but i could be wrong. its a 2016 but it was certified so i have coverage for another 2-3 years on it.
Sponsored