Sponsored

Clutch Pedal Stuck

inG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Driving in stop and go traffic, Airport arrivals, my clutch pedal became 3/4ths of the way stuck to the floor board. Not being able to pull over, I keep shifting the gears from 1st to 2nd when needed, till I'm able to pull it over it begins to smell like burning clutch. Fully aware now my clutch is engaging when not shifting, I'm in the process of pulling the car to the shoulder when the car gets stuck in 1st gear and won't move to 2nd or Neutral. Finally pulled over to the side, I turn the car off, pull the clutch pedal out with my foot - back to normal position, and roll the gear to neutral and restarted the vehicle. Clutch now has very little feeling of engagement and feels like my foot is going into a wet sponge. Car just doesn't feel like it did 3 days ago.

Rather not take it into the dealer to get a run around.... anyone have an idea what the problem was? I tried googling but couldn't find much to pin point the issue on fixing it confidently.. below is an example picture (not my car/picture).

Thanks in advance -

maxresdefault.jpg

source: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kzOh1zBl25Q/maxresdefault.jpg
Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Fluid hose [from the booster reservoir] popped off the slave cylinder? That would be my first guess.

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
I’m guessing clutch. Thats one of the many symptoms I and others have had
Sponsored