Sponsored

Clutch pedal clip broke car won't start?

Cathead Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Hey fellas I tried to search this but I have no idea what it even is I've never seen it before.
I tried to start my car 16 5.0 this morning and when I pressed the clutch in the light didn't come on which was already a sign.
Then when I pressed the start button it just went to acc mode.
I looked by the clutch and I can see a clip is broken off of some clutch attachment with a push rod on the side I can only assume this is the issue do any of y'all have any info on this part number or repair info?

Thanks in advance
image.jpg
Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Sorry I don't have the part number.

I am just wondering how it got broken?

Can you insert that piece back? (I am just asking. Likely you have already tried it.)

Also, how about trying to following? (Before doing this, make sure your car is in neutral and e-brake is applied.) Put the broken piece back in place and hold it there (with one hand), and push clutch pedal down (with other hand), and ask for a third hand to push the start button and see what happens. Likely you will know after you do the first 2 steps -- if the light is on and you hear some noise with the first 2 steps then you might have hope that the 3rd hand will be able to get the car started. Hopefully, after the car is started, then you won't need the broken piece anymore (until the next time you need to start the car). Disclaimer: just my speculation, and I am by no means a car guy.

OP
OP

Cathead Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks for the help that's exactly what I tried held the clutch in one hand and the little clip with the other and connected while a buddy pushed the start button the car started right up.
Gonna see if I can reattach it maybe it just unclipped?
Very odd I called my tuner at first thinking maybe somthing went wrong with my tune? Because it was so random but he told me it's already happend to two other guys

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Glad it worked for you.

If you are lucky, the piece just got loose and fell out, so you can just plug it back in place. Otherwise, the question is whether the dealer is willing to warranty it (or if you are willing to bring it in for this). Good luck.

OP
OP

Cathead Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Not my best work but it will hold till tomorrow when I take it to the shop for a replacemt part
better then having to bring a buddy with me wherever I go thanks for the help horse :cheers:
image.jpg
Sponsored