Sponsored

Clutch engagement point changed?

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I barely got 1200 miles on my GT, when I got it (and I also tested a few other GT's), the clutch engagement point was almost at the end and it almost had this ON/OFF feeling...which is not bad, it's a very race car like feeling.

Now, 1000 miles later (Steeda spring added at 400 miles), 1)the engagement point seems to be more in the middle and 2)it has more of broader sweet spot where I can comfortably shift with no jerkiness whatsoever. It might be that one effect is consequence of the other, but I don't really know.

I don't think it's due to the Steeda spring because at first, the engagement point would still remain almost at the top...just that the very last inch or so had barely any upwards pressure. I assume this is what the spring does.

Actually, I'm quite pleased, I drive a lot better...but the question is, is this normal? is this a normal consequence of breaking in?
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
mine changed as well nothing drastic .i got mine with 9 miles on her.. i did the steeda spring as well .i know from replacing many clutches that there is a break in on them. most clutches need a break in .i usually do 500 to 1k. stop and go is the best way to break them in .
so yours could have just settled in the way it is

OP
OP

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
mine changed as well nothing drastic .i got mine with 9 miles on her.. i did the steeda spring as well .i know from replacing many clutches that there is a break in on them. most clutches need a break in .i usually do 500 to 1k. stop and go is the best way to break them in .
so yours could have just settled in the way it is
Great, thanks a lot!
Sponsored