Sponsored

Clutch assist spring assembly

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Hi, does anyone know what the Ford part number is for the clutch assist spring assembly. I removed my spring earlier this year but part of the assembly flew off and has never been seen again. I was considering fitting a Steeda 35lb spring but obviously i need to source the missing piece of the assembly first.
Can't find it anywhere & replacing it with the Steeda assembly isn't an option when its £89.50!

Thanks
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hi, does anyone know what the Ford part number is for the clutch assist spring assembly. I removed my spring earlier this year but part of the assembly flew off and has never been seen again. I was considering fitting a Steeda 35lb spring but obviously i need to source the missing piece of the assembly first.
Can't find it anywhere & replacing it with the Steeda assembly isn't an option when its £89.50!

Thanks
The other solution is to buy the whole clutch pedal assembly from Ford for even more - Ford does not sell just the spring perch piece.

Some guys have found members who took off their OEM assist spring and either donated or sold for cheap the spring perch piece. Another option is maybe a junk yard if you can find a wrecked S550.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your mistake, pay up. You have to buy the entire clutch pedal to get it from Ford.

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
By the time you find one from someone stateside who is willing to either give it or sell it to you, you'll be talking 50-60 bucks with shipping I'm sure. I would just order the Steeda one and get it over with. Obviously the Ford one isn't an option new.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium

Thanks
So are you certain it actually flew out of the car? It could be lodged somewhere up under the dash or front seat. I would invest in a little 3" inspection mirror and with some good lighting try to hunt down the missing piece if you think it's still inside the car.
Outside of that l would just bite the bullet and order the Steeda spring assembly.

For about the last 4K miles l ran my car without the stock clutch assist spring but over time l began to experience increasing pedal chatter upon initial drive-off.
Fortunately l didn't break my spring assy and only needed to order the Steeda spring, and boy what a difference it has made!
l no longer have that dreaded pedal chatter feel going on and pedal modulation is now the way it should be. Installing the Steeda spring is worth every penny as far as l'm concerned, even if you need to purchase the whole assembly.:cheers:
Sponsored