Clunking sound in the rear after spring install

brandon_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just installed Eibach Sportline springs on my 2019 GT. It's making a clunking sound everytime I hit a major bump when the spring compresses and then decompresses. I'm wonder if the rubber on the spring itself is in the wrong spot or if something is loose? I've looked many times and can't figure it out. Thanks!
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Probably a combination of two things. First is loose shock mounts, make sure they're properly torqued down. Second is the bump stops are too tall. Either cut them down by 1/2" to 3/4" or swap in the short stack from Steeda's adjustable ones.

Otherwise, did you make sure the spring itself was lined up properly with the mounts inside?

OP
OP
brandon_5.0h

brandon_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Probably a combination of two things. First is loose shock mounts, make sure they're properly torqued down. Second is the bump stops are too tall. Either cut them down by 1/2" to 3/4" or swap in the short stack from Steeda's adjustable ones.

Otherwise, did you make sure the spring itself was lined up properly with the mounts inside?
The spring is lined up properly with the mounts. I put in eibachs new bumpstops, which should be okay, correct? Also, I've tried torquing down the shock mounts so many times, but I will try once more. Thank you!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I put in eibachs new bumpstops, which should be okay, correct?
Nope. I originally had Sportlines (loved the look, not the ride) and the included bumpstops were part of my problem. The Steeda short stack was a big improvement over those, they're just too tall (if you compare them to the stock they are about the same height) and you end up riding on them all the time.

OP
OP
brandon_5.0h

brandon_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your's made the clunking noise as well? Like there's play somewhere? I guess that would have to be it and you're right, they're about the same. I'll look into it. Thank you!