OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Anyone considered the steering column. Turning the wheel, L & R same sounds? 100% of the time, intermittent?
I had asked them to inspect it and they said everything is good. After they replaced the strut mounts its even worse now. I did some research and found out today that this is a common issue with pp1 mustangs not just bullitt. It is caused by a sticky bearing in the spring plate. I've had mine replaced 3 times under warranty. Wondering if they can either upgrade the struts or replace with a higher quality aftermarket one. After Galpin replaced it, its much worse even going over bumps is now loud. I'll be reaching out to the dealership again and see what can be done about it.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That's odd, wonder what's different from the rest of the heard, pp1 & bullitt .

Common problem what the hell is that suppose to mean. If it's common then that says to me it is repairable. So replace the common failed, failing part, parts.

So to be ridiculous, a what if.

Every piece of the front suspension was replaced. And it's still there, that would suggest the car body and assembly mounting points are FUBAR.

Welding and too much heat will distort metal structures. Or body not seated in the fixture as it went together.

Any thoughts about the rack, it moves with bumps & steering ?

Very strange, have a Ford factory CD,. For the hell of it, going to look around, I am curious now.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That's odd, wonder what's different from the rest of the heard, pp1 & bullitt .

Common problem what the hell is that suppose to mean. If it's common then that says to me it is repairable. So replace the common failed, failing part, parts.

So to be ridiculous, a what if.

Every piece of the front suspension was replaced. And it's still there, that would suggest the car body and assembly mounting points are FUBAR.

Welding and too much heat will distort metal structures. Or body not seated in the fixture as it went together.

Any thoughts about the rack, it moves with bumps & steering ?

Very strange, have a Ford factory CD,. For the hell of it, going to look around, I am curious now.
The link below has a video on the first post, my car is making the same exact noise. Multiple people on that thread posted similar issue. Most people on there have had their entire strut assembly replaced. Mine has been replaced as well, they reused the original spring plates and strut mounts which they ended up replacing as well.
Previously I had the rack inspected and it checked out flawless

What do you mean by ford factory CD?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...king-noise-when-i-turn-steering-wheel.110205/

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
After they replaced the strut mounts its even worse now. I did some research and found out today that this is a common issue with pp1 mustangs not just bullitt.
Is this with Magneride, or just regular suspension? Hopefully the latter :). Thx.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The link below has a video on the first post, my car is making the same exact noise. Multiple people on that thread posted similar issue. Most people on there have had their entire strut assembly replaced. Mine has been replaced as well, they reused the original spring plates and strut mounts which they ended up replacing as well.
Previously I had the rack inspected and it checked out flawless

What do you mean by ford factory CD?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...king-noise-when-i-turn-steering-wheel.110205/
Interesting, have you by chance jacked the car, turned the wheels lock to lock. Weight off the wheels, see if anything changes. One would expect the dealer to have done that ? Could ask the question.

This very handy tool
IMG_0052.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone considered the steering column. Turning the wheel, L & R same sounds? 100% of the time, intermittent?
So in my case, the noise is ONLY <10 mph backing out of the driveway or going forward <10 mph and turning at an EXTREME both left or right. Happens three out of every four times or so - but not 100% of the time. Sound is sort of "whoomph whoomph" clearly plain to both me and my wife. Sometimes there is even a third or fourth "whoomph". In addition, you can feel the vibration through the steering wheel and accelerator pedal. Once straightened out and moving forward at ANY speed there is no further noise. This did not occur in the first 13,000 miles and has only started in say the last 500 miles. The '19 GT has 13,800 miles on it. I am 1,200 miles from my normal dealer and have been conversing with the Manager there and have suggested to him many of the ideas discussed both here and on other sites. Obviously, he can't troubleshoot from there but thinks it's likely not the strut bearing as some have suggested. The noise seems to come from the passenger side (strut area) - but can't be sure. So unless it gets worse I will hold off until I return in the spring - I am a snowbird in Florida. I tried to schedule it at a local dealer here and they wanted to "work me in" and leave the car. Not my style so I cancelled it as I want to be there and drive along with the mechanic. I've had too many bad experiences when the mechanic "couldn't find anything" or "hear anything" and you're left with the same problem after you leave. Thanks for the idea of the steering column - I'll throw that into the discussion. REGULAR SUSPENSION BTW!

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mine is the non-megnaride one. But I thought pp1 suspension is different from regular GT

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Interesting, have you by chance jacked the car, turned the wheels lock to lock. Weight off the wheels, see if anything changes. One would expect the dealer to have done that ? Could ask the question.

This very handy tool
IMG_0052.jpeg
Google turned up nothing for this. Is it available for owners or just techs?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is the non-megnaride one. But I thought pp1 suspension is different from regular GT
The front end should be the same, megnaride is about the shocks and sensors .

Google turned up nothing for this. Is it available for owners or just techs?

No anyone can get it

https://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?

Call them, cause the web site is a bit confusing.

Tell them you want the the CD for the year of your car.

It is very nice...

googley is not your friend

example

shifter.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The front end should be the same, megnaride is about the shocks and sensors .

No anyone can get it

https://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?

Call them, cause the web site is a bit confusing.

Tell them you want the the CD for the year of your car.

It is very nice...

googley is not your friend
It's 2000$ on their website 😱
I don't even have a cd rom on my laptop lol

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's 2000$ on their website 😱
I don't even have a cd rom on my laptop lol

You did not do follow directions .......... it s about 250, CD drive 50 bucks,

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
megnaride is about the shocks and sensors.
Wrong. Reportedly almost everything is different, even the hats. Don't know exactly what the differences are, but MR is different. It might have the same bearings, or some other parts, hence my asking if MR cars were included.

vintage1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
mAki,
I am really sorry to hear you are still having this issue. I have been following this thread hoping for a happy resolution.

I posted on December 13 about my issue in this thread which started in a similar way as yours. After all these posts, it really seems now to be progressing in a similar pattern as my issue was. As I had noted, it took seven long months to confirm there was a bad weld in the the frame rail area above the passenger side wheel by the strut mount. I would really encourage you to go and have Ford put chassis ears on the car to completely rule out everything if this has not been done. In my case Ford admitted there was a bad weld in the frame which made their offer with my escalation to get me into a new car easier.

I would push/escalate your case for a definitive diagnosis and if it is this, they may help you out too. The issue with bad welds is the sound that is emanated from them travels so it is very hard to find and fix them. Even before the first weld attempt at about month five, I was very insistent that enough was enough, suggested our country's version of the lemon law as a way to resolve the issue and even mentioned litigation while at the same time called on Ford to get me into a new car (I was consistent with the request thereafter). In saying all this the situation was dealt with in a professional manner which really went a long way in helping things get resolved.

Beyond what I suggest in getting Ford to confirm a diagnosis and helping you, you may consider your lemon law. In Canada the lemon law does not exist in the same form at the US which actually forced me the push for a resolution as the alternative was not a guaranteed positive outcome.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
mAki,
I am really sorry to hear you are still having this issue. I have been following this thread hoping for a happy resolution.

I posted on December 13 about my issue in this thread which started in a similar way as yours. After all these posts, it really seems now to be progressing in a similar pattern as my issue was. As I had noted, it took seven long months to confirm there was a bad weld in the the frame rail area above the passenger side wheel by the strut mount. I would really encourage you to go and have Ford put chassis ears on the car to completely rule out everything if this has not been done. In my case Ford admitted there was a bad weld in the frame which made their offer with my escalation to get me into a new car easier.

I would push/escalate your case for a definitive diagnosis and if it is this, they may help you out too. The issue with bad welds is the sound that is emanated from them travels so it is very hard to find and fix them. Even before the first weld attempt at about month five, I was very insistent that enough was enough, suggested our country's version of the lemon law as a way to resolve the issue and even mentioned litigation while at the same time called on Ford to get me into a new car (I was consistent with the request thereafter). In saying all this the situation was dealt with in a professional manner which really went a long way in helping things get resolved.

Beyond what I suggest in getting Ford to confirm a diagnosis and helping you, you may consider your lemon law. In Canada the lemon law does not exist in the same form at the US which actually forced me the push for a resolution as the alternative was not a guaranteed positive outcome.
Thank you, Galpin Ford did put chassis ear and determined it was strut mounts. I have an appt again this Friday, I will bring up your points. Thanks for the insight I will definitely consider lemon law if they can get me into a new one that would be pretty dope!
Sponsored